Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be very curious about the maintenance procedures for the G2. Does it still use DW-1 tranny fluid? Does the rear diff use any type of fluid? I assume it still has a transfer assembly that uses hypoid gear oil?

On the plus side, there is no longer any power steering fluid to change out. I wonder if/how Honda addressed the Belleville washer corrosion issue and if the radiator still has an integral tranny fluid heat exchanger.

Are the spark plugs harder or easier to get to? How easy is it to change the engine air filter? The cabin air filter? Etc.

I know it's way early for maintenance issues to come up, but I wonder if any new G2 owners have looked into any of this yet?

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'll be very curious about the maintenance procedures for the G2. Does it still use DW-1 tranny fluid? Does the rear diff use any type of fluid? I assume it still has a transfer assembly that uses hypoid gear oil?

On the plus side, there is no longer any power steering fluid to change out. I wonder if/how Honda addressed the Belleville washer corrosion issue and if the radiator still has an integral tranny fluid heat exchanger.

Are the spark plugs harder or easier to get to? How easy is it to change the engine air filter? The cabin air filter? Etc.

I know it's way early for maintenance issues to come up, but I wonder if any new G2 owners have looked into any of this yet?
I've been looking in the owners manual and can't find any information about the air filter. I'm a little perplexed at the moment.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So no DIY'ers yet on the G2 RL?

·
Registered
606 Posts
So no DIY'ers yet on the G2 RL?
I will be doing most of all the maintenance on my truck. I did all maintenance on my 03 Element and sold it with 180k on the ticker and it was still running perfectly.

The engine air filter looks easy, its located to the back right of the engine bay, couple of locking clips. I will take a look at it later today. As far as the other questions you posted I haven't looked into anything else yet.

Changing headlights are a PITA, and the front part of the intake needs to be removed for headlight changes and gaining access to the battery.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Will all 6 spark plugs be easily accessible, or will the rear bank plugs be a PITA to remove?

Same question for valve adjustments, will all the valves be easily accessible?

Will coolant changes be problem free, or is this one of those vehicles prone to air pockets after a coolant change?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts