Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys thought I share some updates. I had some reservation about mod-ing the truck, hence I came here and over all you guys were awesome. So I thought I contribute and help spread some good vibes.

So baseline its '19 g2 awd, and in its base configuration it was a good car. For me its an all around kinda vehicle, meaning I use it for groceries, road trips, overlanding( nothing too hardcore) and of course daily drives for work/gym etc.

So the mods:

1- Rear door hinges or checkers whatever they are called. Please do it! they are a must.

2-Tint the driver/passenger windows, if you got money go all the around. However if money is tight stick to the driver and passenger. It does help and will keep the ac at a lower setting. Which should help with mpg and general comfort of the car.

3- Sound deadening....yeah i had a lot of reservation about this one( and the lift) but it does help. Get the four doors first and then if you want do the floor. A combination of sticky mats on the metal outer part of the door and a foam on the inner plastic, is the best way to do this. Believe me it does help but it takes time to settle. Initially you will feel like the sound from the floor is amplitude, kinda like funneled through. But overall the car is quieter specially at highway speed and will help with the overall comfort of the vehicle. Haha a bit of theme here just making the car more comfortable!

4-The lift kit, I did a 1.5 inch front and .5 inch rear so more like a level/lift. This helps in approach and departure angles; also a little with ground clearance. Where I live, we have steep driveways and drive throughs. Not sure why but its the way it is. Every time i went to gym or to return an amazon box or to go through a drive through for some food or post office like everywhere even my damn apt complex....anyways I always used to hear the front air deflector scrap the ground. I know its a flexible rubber/plastic so it wasn't being damaged but it still felt bad and sounded awful.

This one is kinda person-to-person dependent. After the lift, ingress and egress for me is easier. Before the lift i had to sit-down in the car and the would be a uncomfortable. Now its more leveled where I just sit on it. My girl and mom don't like it cause they have to climb to sit in...so yeah it depends on your hight but it can be helpful. It worst in the back, not sure why the seats are higher but my mom complains a lot, so if you got kids or elderly family think about it before you change. Or get side steps.

5-Tires, need help picking new tires...trying to go up by one size so basically a 255 or 260 but can't figure out what the rest should be, like side wall should i go down for or up. I know larger sidewalls means more comfortable ride but i am worried about it rubbing. So if anyone has any experience with like 255/265 at 55/60/65 please share. I am sticking to the 18 inch rims cause of money.

6-Washable air filter by K&N, this one is hard to gauge but i feel like it the engine breaths easier and is less revy...if that makes sense. it does mean more maintenance from my part but i am ok with that.

Hope this helps, also open to any suggestion...end goal is to make it more comfortable without compromising overall practical use. So far the car is quieter and cooler so I consider it an over all good investment. This took about six months. But I think it was worth it!!

Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
Welcome to ROC and yes, this community has a lot of valuable information and experience to offer.

1. Good Job

2. I concur. I waited 6 years to tint my rear section and it is one of the best investments ever. Privacy is a bonus.

3. I am used to a G1 which is a lot louder than the G2. If your model G2, has no acoustic glass, changing to it might serve you best. Huge investment, but its the price we pay for comfort.

4. Cant help you here as I am anti-lift guy for daily on-road use. I have a G5 Odyssey with a 4.5" ground clearance and a very steep driveway. I am yet to scrape anything in the front, rear or underside. I wonder how you raised only 0.5" in the rear.

5. 255/60-R18 is a decent profile tire with great options. With wider and larger tires, you do induce some drag; even more with AT tires. If you are doing mostly highway and not going on ruts and off-roading, then sticking with all season, or high-perf all season is your best bet. Anything with larger sidewalls will induce some tire overlap and laggy vehicle response to steering input. AT tires are also heavier, and reduce road handling. Larger tires also affect the way power is delivered and vehicle stability is maintained.

6. I have one of those in my G1 and there are many debates about the use of it. I never saw any change in my fuel economy or my butt dyno.

Registered
On #6. I have a KnN in my G1. Maybe it breathes a little better, but it sure sounds good on the entrance to the highway.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info!! Had no idea there was such acting as acoustic glass.

The .5inch rear lift came in the package with the 1.5 front lift. So I just used it. But as rule of thumb not lifting is better for highway driving. However once every few months, my girl and I go camping.

Defiantly will get the rear tinted! Thanks for the heads up. And yeah not sure if the mpg is better or worst with the filter. Just know that it breaths easier and its one less part I have to buy if money is thought in the future. I kinda like working on the car so I don't mind maintenance stuff.

For the tires will switch to performance all trains. Unless i find a set of used 18 inch rims, then maybe I could be lucky enough to have summer-set and a winter.

Registered
2014 Sport
The worth of aftermarket airfilters can generate some passionate debate. The biggest issue I see with using a KN is that in most comparison tests I have seen, they simply don't filter small particulates any where near as well as paper filters. To me, that is a no go for a daily driver.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
WHAT!! WTF no one told me that, actually I didn't find that while researching. Is that really true? I mean do you have the test so I can look into it. Also was it be an indecent place!!! I feel like this is big and should have been disclosed like the warming on tobacco...Like isn't the whole point of filter to remove as much particle and if a filter doesn't do that for some other objective(such as speed or cost) shouldn't the consumer/customer be notified. Will this damage the car in the long run??

I had the previous G1 ridgeline from 2006-19. I kinda keep these cars for a while. Thanks and appreciate the info.

Registered
You can search youtube for air filter tests. I think Project Farm did one with the K&N, but there are multiple tests out there. Usually they don't find much difference in actual performance, so I tend to just stick with the standard factory stuff.

Registered
2014 Sport
In this very thorough test the KN flowed the most air but was hugely worse at filtering particles. Flowing more air than your engine can make use of won't help you one bit BTW.

Registered
I have an AEM cold air intake filter on my '19 RTL-E. MPG went up 0.6-0.8 depending on my pressure on the accelerator;-)
Asked my maintenance advisors at Honda about it. He said most of the guys working there (gearheads) all have cold air intakes. Many of them fine tune, using high performance parts. He is not aware of anyone concerned about long term effects on particulate filtration with these after market intakes.
I am planning on a modest lift like you Kalidragon, 1.5" front and 0.5" rear to lift/level the truck. I am wondering about what product you went with? JSport, Traxxx, Truxda? Did you research? What made you choose which one you used? Thanks

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
I have an AEM cold air intake filter on my '19 RTL-E. MPG went up 0.6-0.8 depending on my pressure on the accelerator;-)
Asked my maintenance advisors at Honda about it. He said most of the guys working there (gearheads) all have cold air intakes. Many of them fine tune, using high performance parts. He is not aware of anyone concerned about long term effects on particulate filtration with these after market intakes.
I am planning on a modest lift like you Kalidragon, 1.5" front and 0.5" rear to lift/level the truck. I am wondering about what product you went with? JSport, Traxxx, Truxda? Did you research? What made you choose which one you used? Thanks
If you want future flexibility go with trax/trux cause they have camber adjustments. from what i understand jsport is also good but has no camber.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts