Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Get printed Ridgeline manuals

I don't know when Honda started doing this, and it's probably a good thing they are saving trees — but offering new Ridgeline buyers a CD version of the manuals in lieu of printed manuals is somewhat ludicrous. I haven't used a PC or Mac in a couple of years that actually had a DVD/CD drive in it. It's not hard to find the PDF on the web. It was offered here on ROC a few weeks ago when it was first discovered. But there is a way to get printed manuals. And I thought I would tip off those who haven't discovered it yet.

If you haven't registered to Honda's owners area of its website, start by doing that. Then navigate to this page:

https://owners.honda.com/vehicles/warranty

There's an offer if you look hard enough to fill out an online form to have printed copies of the manuals sent to you for free. There's one catch: you have to request them sometime during the first six months of ownership of a new Ridgeline. The offer expires after that.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Re: Get printed Ridgeline manuals

Thanks just sent in an order for printed manuals

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
608 Posts

Thanks a lot!

Just ordered a full set. I was disappointed in the CD only as I like to have the manual with me in the vehicle. Many times, I'll take the wife to the store and sit in my vehicle and thumb through the manual. I am regularly reminding myself of features that I passed over when I first got the vehicle and was overwhelmed with too much info. I already see that happening again with my RTL-E and all of the safety features, bells and whistles that it has. A printed copy will be quite nice.

Again, thanks for the VERY useful post!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have it saved in Google Drive and available offline on my phone. I have always liked the printed manual, but kinda liking this option now. Always available.

·
Registered
235 Posts

Wait, how many buyers only got a CD? Is this specific to a trim (at this point wouldn't be surprised)? Mine came with the printed manual and a CD.

·
Super Moderator
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

So far as I know this applies to all 2017 RL buyers and probably all of Honda's cars. They give you a mini printed manual that's about 100 pages long. There are things it doesn't cover and it tends to cover things very in brief. Also the pictures it shows are indecipherable small, presumably shrunk down from the full-size manual. If I remember correctly the full-size manual has 600 pages — maybe it's a smaller format book.

·
Registered
235 Posts

So far as I know this applies to all 2017 RL buyers and probably all of Honda's cars. They give you a mini printed manual that's about 100 pages long. There are things it doesn't cover and it tends to cover things very in brief. Also the pictures it shows are indecipherable small, presumably shrunk down from the full-size manual. If I remember correctly the full-size manual has 600 pages — maybe it's a smaller format book.
Ah, ok. Just checked and it is a 2017 Owners Guide with about 160 pages.

·
Super Moderator
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Ah, ok. Just checked and it is a 2017 Owners Guide with about 160 pages.
Cool. Thanks. That sounds a lot more likely. Plus the navigation manual. They are also printing that. I won't hazard a guess as to how long that manual is given my recent track record ...

·
Super Moderator
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
122 Posts
I went to my dealer to get a owners manual for my RTL-E, I was told the book is $35.00 plus $15.00 shipping.

How can they get away with that. They give you a cd to learn about the vehicle, but guess what no cd player.

After paying over $43,000 .

·
Registered
84 Posts
Go to the Honda Owners website and you can order the manuals for free as long as you are within the first 6 months of ownership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
What is in the "Owners Manual"? Vs the Owners Guide that came with the vehicle?
The Owner's Guide is an abbreviated version of the information in the larger 'manuals' and only touches many of the things that the manual goes into much more details with...kinda like those 'quick start' guides that you get with electronics..enough to get you going but light on actual deep features.

·
Registered
973 Posts
As I recall, someone posted a thread with a Honda link where new owners can request a printed manual. I plan to do that but it also works well to put the pdf on a tablet.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i ordered my free copy from the Honda owners website. it was difficult to find, but it is burried somewhere on the website. i think it said 5 to 8 weeks for delivery. i attached a screenshot of the webpage :smile:

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
I says a PDF version is free, but i didn't see the link to open / download it. If it suddenly pops up, can we make this a stick and put it in the 1st post at the top of this page? I could only find the link to the free mailed version within 6 months of ownership.

·
Super Moderator
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I says a PDF version is free, but i didn't see the link to open / download it. If it suddenly pops up, can we make this a stick and put it in the 1st post at the top of this page? I could only find the link to the free mailed version within 6 months of ownership.
I was the one who posted about this originally, and I've received the printed manual. It is the exact same manual as what came with my vehicle, the abbreviated 162 page documentation. It also came with a printed version of the navigation manual.

The best manual is the one that comes on the CD or you can download the PDF from the owner's website. It has short pages but there are almost 600 of them. I definitely recommend focusing on this longer PDF version. If you use Adobe Acrobat to view it, you get built-in search tools and other features like some clickable items that make the experience a lot less painful. Use something like Google drive or dropbox to distribute it between various devices. It displays very well on a tablet if you've already got dropbox set up, that's the most seamless route because Acrobat supports it directly. There are many other PDF viewing tools. I don't have any love for Acrobat per se, but I think it's the right tool for this job.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts