Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Honestly, the paper is a novelty item - grab the identical and much more user-friendly / searchable PDF's available to anyone anytime, slap 'em on your computers and your smartphone, Bob's yer Uncle when you want to find anything about your RL or its NAV ;)
I actually like to have printed copy so I can sit in the car and play.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I actually like to have printed copy so I can sit in the car and play.
I hate finding and reading things off of the computer, it tottally bugs me that when I purchase a product that I need to go to the computer to find how to operate it, I am old school enough where I want it right there in my hand!

Bill

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,024 Posts
I hate finding and reading things off of the computer, it tottally bugs me that when I purchase a product that I need to go to the computer to find how to operate it, I am old school enough where I want it right there in my hand!

Bill
Please tell us you see the humor in this statement?

Don’t get me wrong, I have the OM in case I am away from home or my iPad, laptop or desktop, I just find that it is more and more rare that I am opening them. The search function for these monstrous vehicle manuals is just too valuable. YMMV

·
Registered
200 Posts
I went to the Honda site and ordered my very thick paper manual and it arrived today. It took awhile to find it on the site but typed in the vin on the my new RTL-E and it came today..

·
Registered
88 Posts
When I bought my 2017 Ridgeline used about a month ago, I went to the link in the OP, provided my VIN, and selected 2018 model year since 2017 is not an option. All the while I was thinking "No way is this gonna work...", so I sure was surprised when my full 2018 printed owner's manual showed up in my mailbox last week! Anyone that has let more than 6 months pass since buying their Ridgeline without requesting the manual should give it a try if you want a hard copy.

·
Registered
852 Posts
what I really want is an Owner's Manual specific to our 2019 RTL, or I would even settle for an Owner's Manual broken down to specific model sections?

Bill

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Just ordered the printed owners manual on the Honda Owners site. Is there a printed service manual available to order from somewhere? HELM service manual preferably?

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
...I would even settle for an Owner's Manual broken down to specific model sections?
Or settle for the Honda Owner's Manual you got. I do have to agree with you. The Owner's Manual is not intuitive or user-friendly to me although, I have found that if I am patient and read far more than I intended, I will find the answer I am looking for.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Or settle for the Honda Owner's Manual you got. I do have to agree with you. The Owner's Manual is not intuitive or user-friendly to me although, I have found that if I am patient and read far more than I intended, I will find the answer I am looking for.
Oh, I usually find the answer of how something is supposed to operate, but the bigger question, does our RTL have that option, or not?

Bill

·
Administrator
13,774 Posts
Oh, I usually find the answer of how something is supposed to operate, but the bigger question, does our RTL have that option, or not?

Bill
The Monroney sticker comes in handy for such questions.

Also, the sales brochures which list the standard equipment on the base model along with what features are added to each trim level.

·
Registered
852 Posts
You hit the nail right on the head, zroger73, we need to go someplace first to find out what system we have in our specific model and then we need to go and try to find those specific instructions in the Owner's Manual. we cannot just simply go to "This is how you operate your RTL."

Bill

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just received my manuals...Must have taken 2 postal guys and a large boy to deliver them...lol I can hardly wait to delve into them...even though I know what happens in the end...The Butler Did It.....

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
I understand SHOP manuals are not in book form any longer, & only available to dealers on line. Yes?
How would I get this info, & an ETM?
(Old Honda tech here)

·
Registered
2019 RTL-E (white on beige) in central Texas
1,247 Posts
I understand SHOP manuals are not in book form any longer, & only available to dealers on line. Yes?
How would I get this info, & an ETM?
(Old Honda tech here)
If asking how to get the online access, same info as dealers see, start here: https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.aspx

(You can download / print info when logged-in to your subscription; setting-up a 'print-to-PDF' printer driver on your computer before subscribing can be helpful)

101 - 116 of 116 Posts