·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
See Post #111 & below
Ridgeline entry in Wikipedial

Fellow ROC members,

I'm looking for people that would like to show off their Gen2 Ridgeline in a more public way. Specifically, I'm looking for ROC members that are willing to release their pictures of their 2017 Ridgelines into the public domain to help highlight how great the truck is on Wikipedia. Since I don't own one and there is very little 2017 Ridgeline images that are in the public domain, it's difficult to highlight how good of a vehicle you now own.

So if you are interested, please post the best pictures you have that you are interested in contributing to the Honda Ridgeline Wikipedia page on this thread and we can work through the logistics together.

Thank you, in advance, for your help.
:nerd:

Reactions: McChizzle

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
What kinds of pics do you want? My brother takes pics of my cars and can get what you need... all for supporting wiki! Pics here are low res, most the images are in the 10-15mb range...

Attachments

·
Registered
928 Posts
Re: G2 Photos Needed

Mine are not worthy. Hope lots of good ones come up like those above.

·
Premium Member
2009 Ridgeline RTL (with nav) in Bali Blue Pearl
2,433 Posts
What kinds of pics do you want? My brother takes pics of my cars and can get what you need... all for supporting wiki! Pics here are low res, most the images are in the 10-15mb range...
These are absolutely great! Do you have any interior photographs and/or photographs of the In-Bed Trunk you would be willing to give up?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Gave my brother the keys and said take some pics. Here's what we have for the overcast weather in the PNW. LOL

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, I merged these threads, since most of the responses were in the 2G Photo Gallery.

Good Luck, @McChizzle.

Thanks Again Everyone...

·
Premium Member
2,433 Posts
Here's mine with the Tent accessory stowed inside:
So cool! Do you have any pictures of the bed-tent deployed/erected? If so, that would be very cool to put that picture on the Ridgeline Wiki article.

·
Registered
928 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,433 Posts
Instead of sending private messages to each of you, I decided to explain the process on this thread.

Since it would be inappropriate of me to upload your images without the appropriate permissions (i.e. take credit for them as my own work), we need to take a different approach. Here are the steps to accomplish this task:
  1. Send me a PM with your interest to contribute to the article.
  2. Once you've agreed to follow these steps, I'll replay with my email address.
  3. Using the Wikimedia OTRS release generator, follow steps 1-5 using the online prompts. Step 2 is where you will select "I will attach the file to the eMail". At the end, you will be able to either click an automatic email generator button (if you use an email client) or copy the text in the green box, create a new email, and paste the text into the body of that email window. Then add a statement that I (Wikipedia User:McChizzle) will be uploading your image(s) on your behalf.
  4. Send that formatted email, with your image(s) attached, to [email protected] and CC me using the email address in the PM I sent you.
    Note: Do not use the email address listed on the website. Although it will work, it will take longer to process for it will go to an international group vise an English only group.
  5. You’ll get an automated email reply with a ticket number. Email me that ticket number and I'll post your image(s) to Wikipedia using the ticket number you sent me as proof you have given Wikipedia written permission to use your image(s).
    Note: If there are multiple images and multiple emails, please tell me which ticket number belongs to which image.
That's it, we're done and you have just helped educate people about the great truck you own.

It's best that the image(s) attached in your email are the original(s) and/or have good EXIF metadata about the image's origins (what camera was used, exposure setting, etc.) or it may be considered fraudulent.

Example of a digital image's EXIF metadata, as viewed on the "Properties," "Details" tab on a Windows based operating system:
Metadata.jpg

Thank you all for your help in educating people about the great vehicle you have.

·
Premium Member
2,433 Posts
... Also, just incase someone runs into this thread, the photo(s) you choose to contribute must not have any people in them or their identifying features must be masked. It's also recommend that photos of vehicles should have their license plate numbers obscured/removed from the photo, as well as any other unique identifying markings (such as custom artwork, unique stickers, etc.).

1 - 20 of 119 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.