Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you here have a pretty good pulse on how Honda operates. Is there a rough estimate on when they might do a fairly good size refresh on the Ridgeline? Maybe a face lift and added goodies?

·
Registered
928 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
That seems to be a very good guesstimate. The Pilot was redesigned for 2016, and while Honda has yet to confirm, rumors are stating that 2019 might see a refresh for the Pilot. Look for the Ridge to follow the same pattern. Seems like every 3 years, however if G2 follows in the path of G1..... best guess is this is what you get.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
I'd agree that 2020 is a good guesstimate. The only time I saw a real fast refresh from Honda was when CR bashed their re-designed Civic a few years ago and they did the refresh almost immediately. With the (mostly) good reviews the RL is getting, they won't touch it for a while, except for incremental changes.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Some of you here have a pretty good pulse on how Honda operates. Is there a rough estimate on when they might do a fairly good size refresh on the Ridgeline? Maybe a face lift and added goodies?
The G1 took 9 years, plus another year and a half to get to the 2017 to market. A good size refresh for Honda is changing the grille and bumper covers. I think if you don't like what you see today then I probably wouldn't buy a Ridgeline.

trainman

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually, I like the way they look now. I'm just pondering a future purchase. I'm still a few years out, so I'm just living vicariously through all of you. I'd buy one tomorrow (or whenever a White E was available) if I didn't have to replace another vehicle first. Just thinking out loud...

·
Registered
741 Posts
The G1 took 9 years, plus another year and a half to get to the 2017 to market. A good size refresh for Honda is changing the grille and bumper covers. I think if you don't like what you see today then I probably wouldn't buy a Ridgeline.

trainman
For what it's worth, I've seen videos of Honda officials saying that this RL was supposed to come out in 2009, but the economy and car industries tanked and things were pushed to the right. Had that not happened, then we would've seen a 2009 refresh/update back then. I say a 2020 or 2021 mid-cycle is entirely feasible. Car companies do the mid-cycles to re-enter excitement back into a car line.

Just my .02 worth! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts