Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I purchased the Costco version of the Quickjack a few months ago. I have no issues using it to lift my G2 RTL-E, and it makes it so much easier than using a floor jack when working on the truck - changing various fluids, rotating tires, etc. I thought about a Max Lift thing, but I don't trust the concrete floor in our garage...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I purchased the Costco version of the Quickjack a few months ago. I have no issues using it to lift my G2 RTL-E, and it makes it so much easier than using a floor jack when working on the truck - changing various fluids, rotating tires, etc. I thought about a Max Lift thing, but I don't trust the concrete floor in our garage...
Are the rubber blocks from the lift able to rest on the reinforced seam welds/ jack points on the truck?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'd be intereste
Are the rubber blocks from the lift able to rest on the reinforced seam welds/ jack points on the truck?
I'd be interested in this too... As my picture showed I was just able to make the spread with an SLX.

On a lot of cars (like my wife's RAV) the jack point is part of a pinch weld that runs the length of the car and it wouldn't matter much.

But on the G2 the jackpoints are tucked up and surrounded by the plastic side sills. I would think on a non-SLX that if the rubber block was centered on the front pinch weld the rear block would hit the plastic. Quickjack is sort of half approving the use of them sideways (i.e. one quickjack across the front and one across the rear) but only on cars with very close to 50/50 weight distribution.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the 7000 SLX (120 volt version) and it works fine for my G2 RL though the original blocks got cut by the pinch welds a little. I got a set of blocks off Amazon that are a bit larger and they have held up better. The lift works fine for my BMW M240i and my Mazda 3 too, which is nice as I have winter tire/wheel set ups for all 3 vehicles. I found it on sale at Home Depot dot com last Spring - I think it was $1200.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts