Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
I did RR, LR, RF, LF, encountered no problems. I used a pressure bleeder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'd be baffled as to why it would be different than any other vehicle.

·
Registered
2019 RTL
450 Posts
On my Pilot it was front left, front right, rear right, rear left. Not sure it makes too much difference, but this is the order I would follow.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
I did RR, LR, RF, LF, encountered no problems.
Same here, I always start with the bleed that is furthest from the reservoir and work my way to the closest. RR, LR, RF and LF

Do not energize the ABS system until you have finished bleeding the line(s) you have been working on. I have never started with a completely dry system. There could be a different procedure for filling and bleed the ABS module if that is the case.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I am not sure if that is correct. In general. you bleed the longest run first and work towards the shortest but most brake master cylinders theses days are dual piston each piston feeding two wheels. I am not sure if the Ridgeline splits the breaking by front and rear or by cross side, one front and one back. I think you need to know how the plumbing is run in order to bleed correctly

·
Registered
2019 RTL
450 Posts
As I mentioned in my earlier post, what Vince explained is the sequence previously advised by Honda, certainly for the ~2008-2015 Pilot. I would expect it still applies to the current generation Ridgeline, but have not seen any recommendations either way directly from Honda.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts