Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Local dealer here also said late July, Honda has used the Ridgelines at the Toronto Indy for support vehicles. They sold all of their 2014's so will be interesting to see if they have the new ones at the Indy.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The good news:
I found another dealer that's at least advertising it on their webpage (no pricing but at least it's there on the New Vehicles page).
2016-2017 Honda Collection | Surrey Honda in Surrey, British Columbia

The bad news:
I have my name/deposit down with a few local dealers for a BE or Touring. Got a call from one of them today saying that the ETA is now mid-August instead of late-July. :crying:

·
Registered
128 Posts
From Honda Canada on FB

Hi Ryan, we don?t have a specific release date but it we are looking to release the Ridgeline late July.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Got a call from one of them today saying that the ETA is now mid-August instead of late-July. :crying:

Honda must need extra time to hook up the electronics for the cooled front seats and power folding mirrors that we don't get, here in The States:frown:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Honda must need extra time to hook up the electronics for the cooled front seats and power folding mirrors that we don't get, here in The States:frown:
Yeah.....I know you said that tongue in cheek, but it does kind of p*ss me off that they only do the power folding mirrors up there and not here in the US.

During my test drive last week, salesman and I were talking about this.....his "theory" is that they have less regulations up there so they have more of this stuff.

He also thought that the CAN models can toggle between KPH and MPH....not sure if that is true but if it is...makes me think about buying one from up north when they come out......

·
Registered
971 Posts
Yeah.....I know you said that tongue in cheek, but it does kind of p*ss me off that they only do the power folding mirrors up there and not here in the US.

During my test drive last week, salesman and I were talking about this.....his "theory" is that they have less regulations up there so they have more of this stuff.

He also thought that the CAN models can toggle between KPH and MPH....not sure if that is true but if it is...makes me think about buying one from up north when they come out......
Your dollar is kicking butt on ours right now so it would be a good deal maybe, but of course our MSRP asking price is way out of line. The other issue may be the warranty, not sure if it would be the same I think there is some penalty when you buy a model on the other side of the border.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts

Good news! The US version can toggle between KPH and MPH....so, just go buy one and post up those pics!:act024:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had a call on Friday from salesman, he said they don't have a build date for my RL but he's been told it'll be built in July and delivered mid August. I'll keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I also had a call back saying mid August. It's disappointing because initial reports were that they'd be here by the end of July.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Put in a deposit for a blue or metallic steel EX-L. I really prefer the blue. Anyway, dealer just told me the blue won't be in for another 6 months approximately. He said the grey will probably be here in September. This wait is just too long!

Anyway, we tried to talk leasing numbers but he just couldn't do it because he just didn't have any rates/residual values to go on with. He didn't want to rely on Pilot rates, so gave me numbers for financing instead. Everything was at MSRP due to the expected demand just like the Pilot. They only had one Pilot there so my wife can see the interior (she LOVED it!). He says he doesnt want to sell this Pilot so he has something to show to buyers lol.

At least they are still able to get the credit approval process done with so picking up the truck the day it comes in won't be too long a process. He also said they are only getting 51 RLs this year.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Doobiewah said:
.. US version can toggle between KPH and MPH....
..but can it properly pronounce kilometer, not kiloooometööör ?

I carry a 1 kg weight in the car and have on occasion showed it to some who claim to know how KM is pronounced:

Me (asking customer): "Do you know what this is?"
Customer: "Yes, a one kilogram weight"
Me: "You mean one kilooogram?"
Customer: "No, one kilo"

·
Administrator
16,015 Posts
Good news! The US version can toggle between KPH and MPH....so, just go buy one and post up those pics!:act024:
The speedometer and navigation system can toggle between English and metric, but the odometer and climate control system can't.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Latest I'm hearing from BC dealers is some possible drop-ship units (BEs) around August 1 and then the first truckloads of EX-Ls, Tourings and BEs showing up around August 15. No LXs or Sport editions until September.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts