Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I decided to edit this post that I moved over from another towing discussion to separate the tow/haul discussion.

I scanned through 10 pages of thread titles and didn't see anything related to the G2 specs. There are a few threads on towing experiences, but I didn't see anything on the specs themselves.

Does the G2 RL have published info in the OM similar to the G1 RL specs?

G1 T&H specs:

From this we can see that the G1 can carry:
1100 lbs in the bed
300 lbs in the trunk
110 lb combined weight on the roof rack
1480-1530 lb payload depending on moonroof or not
300 lbs on the tailgate
GCWR 10,088 lbs
Note the decreasing load as altitude increases (2% per 1000 ft)

Does the G2 OM have similar numbers for comparison?

I'm going to move some posts from other threads that appear to indicate the G2 OM is less specific about these numbers than the G1 OM.

*************************************************************************************

Moved portion of original post:

Does the G2 RL have restrictions based on altitude like the G1? For instance, the G1 restricts the GCWR 2% per 1000 ft of altitude. So at 5000 ft, you are at 10% reduction (~1000 lbs) and at 10,000 ft you are at 20% reduction (~ 2000 lbs!) which sounds like a lot to me.

And are altitude restrictions common amongst other manufacturers too? F150? etc.?

·
Super Moderator
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Ridgeline Towing 4220lb Trailer over Kenosha pass 5.3% Grade Video

Whoa! The G2 RL has a GCWR of 9755 lbs? That's 333 lbs under the G1 RL's GCWR of 10,088 lbs.

Otherwise, it matches the G1 RL at 5000 lbs/600 lb tongue but the G2 doesn't appear to have the altitude restrictions the G1 has.

Very interesting.

·
Registered
114 Posts

I show a GVWR of 9985 on the door sticker. I'll stick to my guns that there is no "set in stone payload for the G2; hell it seems like the manual was drafted years before the vehicle was actually built.

I mentioned in a previous post that I dry weighed my truck and the payload is 1609, not 1323. Honda is doing some CYA work.

Whoa! The G2 RL has a GCWR of 9755 lbs? That's 333 lbs under the G1 RL's GCWR of 10,088 lbs.

Otherwise, it matches the G1 RL at 5000 lbs/600 lb tongue but the G2 doesn't appear to have the altitude restrictions the G1 has.

Very interesting.

·
Registered
114 Posts

To take it a step further, and I'm not an engineer, the axle weight ratings on "my" truck are several hundred pounds higher than what the manual shows. In my estimation, the owners manual was drafted well before the G2's hit the market. I have seen no consistency among dealers or owners as to what the actual load bearing capacity of the truck is. 1584 is the advertised payload (or up to it), but every G2 I looked at showed a payload of 1323 on the door sticker regardless of trim. Why is that? I wish someone knew the answer. I went the old fashioned route and weighed my truck before loading it and after and came up with a true payload of 1609. Again though, I'm no engineer, but I can read:)

I show a GVWR of 9985 on the door sticker. I'll stick to my guns that there is no "set in stone payload for the G2; hell it seems like the manual was drafted years before the vehicle was actually built.

I mentioned in a previous post that I dry weighed my truck and the payload is 1609, not 1323. Honda is doing some CYA work.

·
Super Moderator
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Post deleted. Content included in post one.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thanks for separating this. Can someone with the paper owners manual please post the towing info from it to compare with CD ? Thanks in Advance

1 - 7 of 7 Posts