Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had this problem. I have a Genie Intellicode opener on my garage door with a rolling code. I have followed the instructions in the owners manual and instructions with opener and cannot get the homelink to work.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Hicksville Kid said:
Has anyone had this problem. I have a Genie Intellicode opener on my garage door with a rolling code. I have followed the instructions in the owners manual and instructions with opener and cannot get the homelink to work.
My opener also has a rolling code. I believe the secret is to press the button on the actual opener and then move quickly to your RL and press the desired button. I think you have about 30 seconds to get to your truck. It worked for me.

·
Registered
138 Posts
If you check the garage door opener drive unit you should find a samll button that allows you to sync your opener to the HomeLink buttons in your car. Sometimes the button is located under the semi-transparent cover that covers the light bulbs.

·
Registered
264 Posts
It is a little bit more involved . First, I had to press the 2 outer buttons together until it blinks rapidly. This may take 15 to 20 seconds. this clears the unit and readys it for programming. next unplug your motor box on the opener at the ceiling. Next press your remote pointing it directly at your homelink and the homelink button at the same time until it blinks rapidly again.
Go to your motor box and plug it back in. There is a button on the box which when pressed will cause a red light yo blink. You now have 30 seconds to get to your truck and press the desired button again. Press it one more time and this should now operate your garage door.
Good luck

·
Registered
23 Posts
Are you guys sure about this?

Last I heard (a while ago), in order to use a Homelink system, you had to disable the code hopping feature from your garage door opener.

Whether this has changed since I don't know, but if you think about it, how does the Homelink know what the next code to transmit is? Your regular remote has a chip in it that has an algorithmn to hop to the next code that corresponds to the same algorithmn in your garage door opener.

·
Registered
361 Posts
follow JulesK instructions. Use the training button on the opener and it will work. I have 3 intellicode opener for each homelink and it works.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Follow JulesK's instructions.

We went through this when we bought the Pilot (same HomeLink system). I couldn't get it to work, so I called the HomeLink 800 number (it's in your manual). They told me to clear the codes first, which was not in the procedure. That's what did it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Lots of old discussion on how to get your Genie Intellicode (rolling code) opener to work with the RL Homelink. I fought with this for the best part of Saturday, climbed ladders many, many, many times, and after entensive research found some critical information that might be important to others.

The thing that stopped my homelink from working properly, is the intellicode learn feature will accept only ONE of the small keychain sized remotes (Model GMI-3BL). These are the real small ones that are similar to a car door unlock keyfob and are usually worn on a keychain by Harley riders to open their garage doors. If you use the Genie small keyfob remote to program the RL, the Genie sees the RL as a second small keyfob remote and is ignored.

Answer to the problem is quite simple, use the full sized remote, follow the instructions, and you will be all set.

Homelink is yet another feature which makes the Ridgeline great. It's like getting three remotes, built in... :cool:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Many of the garage door openers now feature "rolling" codes for the transmitters for security. They also ususally have a programming button somewhere on the opener itself. This allows you to teach the opener the signal from you vehicle.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks y'all! I had a G1 RL and I recall it being tricky way back then as well. For me, one of the things I found helpful was that instead of pushing the "Learn" button on the opener, I pushed the program button which was on the side of the unit and that did the trick.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts