Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Say can anyone tell me how acurate the gauge is for the fuel tank, I filled up today before making the 150 mile trek home even though it showed just over half full. The reason I did so was because my last truck, the lower half of the tank, seemed more like a quarter, than a half, also when the tank was low the needle would jump all over the place, one minute it was in the red, the next it was at quarter tank. The deserts of Arizona are no place to run out, so I played it safe.
So has anyone drove the needle down to empty, and if so what was the bottom half like?

Thanks

·
Registered
419 Posts
Took it to empty a few times, 430 miles on the trip meter, truck fuel tank then held 22.89 gallons. Had to be close, the book states fuel capacity at 21.09 gallons

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
delphi7x10 said:
Hi All,
Say can anyone tell me how acurate the gauge is for the fuel tank, I filled up today before making the 150 mile trek home even though it showed just over half full. The reason I did so was because my last truck, the lower half of the tank, seemed more like a quarter, than a half, also when the tank was low the needle would jump all over the place, one minute it was in the red, the next it was at quarter tank. The deserts of Arizona are no place to run out, so I played it safe.
So has anyone drove the needle down to empty, and if so what was the bottom half like?
Thanks
I've taken it down until the little yellow light comes on, not much of a warning by the way. You have about 3 gallons left when the light comes on. I found the gauge to be pretty linear so there was no suprises.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I wondered about the low fuel light (which I have yet to see). Thanks for the heads up on its subtlety. Is there an audible alarm as well? I suppose I could read the book...nahh! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
536 Posts
A bigger light would be nice, how about an icon of a gas pump? I wouldn't mind a small arrow directing people to what side the gas cap is on, while on the subject.

I also have found the gauge to be very linear, which is really nice!

L

·
0 Posts
By the time I noticed the little red light come on to the time I got gas, I drove almost 35 miles. When I finally landed, the needle was dead center of the red line. ( only because I couldn't find a gas station )

L

·
0 Posts
Nope..it was orangeishyellow....sorry...reflecting back to that Pontiac I use to drive that sits in my drive next to 'Line untouched since March 2nd. Sorry... :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts