Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem with the nozzle getting stuck in the truck when gassing up. The orientation of the "slot" that guides nozzle seems to be angled slightly (about 5 oclock position rather than 6 oclock). Would the angle be causing nozzle to stick. User fixable or dealer service problem?

Here in Ca we have vapor barrier on nozzle which makes us insert it almost as far as it will go in order to begin filling. Means I cant simply put a shorter amount of the nozzle into the fill tube which would solve the problem.

Good idea but really crummy design IMO!!

·
Super Moderator
1,560 Posts
You lucky guys in California have those stupid vapor nozzles on the ends of the hoses. That's about the only state where I've seen them and it's probably that they didn't design for that thing. Maybe try another service station with a different nozzle ? I know that system they use is pretty heavy to lift too with that double wall hose on it too.

Steve M .... was in LA a couple months back for two weeks.... Those nozzles suck! lol literally !

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont like the hose but its even worse when you block the pumps for 5 minutes while you try to free your truck from the hose. Never had this problem before this truck but would be happy to put a different cap filler (old style) if possible.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
In time that type nozzel going into the filler could effect that o ring gasket they talked about. Could be an expensive fix if it gets loose and falls into the tank, might not be covered under your warranty. Might want to use that funnel in your trunk for time being. Just sayin............

·
Registered
113 Posts
Did first fill up on Sunday and noticed O ring type seal when removing pump nozzle. Today got an emissions message on dash. Took to dealer and they are ordering new filler assembly and believes that the O ring was the issue for the emissions code. They removed O ring so it would not fall in tank. Will post when they complete fix. Other that that truck has been great!

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm curious about this whole "cap-less fueling port" concept.

Do other models of Honda/Acura have this feature, also?

Is this thing unique to Honda, or a recently developed 3rd-party gizmo that is found on other companies' vehicles as well?

·
Premium Member
531 Posts

Is this thing unique to Honda, or a recently developed 3rd-party gizmo that is found on other companies' vehicles as well?
My 2010 F-150 had a cap less system. I wouldn't be surprised to see more vehicles get them.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My daughters new Escape has this filler also.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts

2017 Acura RDX does not have it still has gas cap. Just did a search Edmunds.com said Ford pioneered it back in 2008. They say because vehicles copy each other Honda, Chrysler, Cadillac have cap-less fueling system. just checked the new 2017 MDX that was refreshed from 2014 and now says New cap-less fuel system.
So the 2016 Pilot has it 2017 Ridgeline

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
2017 Acura RDX does not have it still has gas cap. Just did a search Edmunds.com said Ford pioneered it back in 2008. They say because vehicles copy each other Honda, Chrysler, Cadillac have cap-less fueling system. just checked the new 2017 MDX that was refreshed from 2014 and now says New cap-less fuel system.
So the 2016 Pilot has it 2017 Ridgeline
Took a look at Cadillac and new flagship CT6 sedan has type of cap-less fuel system.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I've had this happened a few times, the trick to getting it off without force is to pinch back the spring loaded cap. Sorry, i hope you get what i mean. It's the spring part of the nozzle, pull the spring back while gently lefting the nozzle out.

Sent from my ASUS_Z016D using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts