Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of or seen an electronic gas usage monitor that would work for the RL?

Some electronic gizmo that you plug in the amount of gas you have (full talnk), and it would monitor how much gas is being drawn through some kind of meter and output that on a screen as well as how much fuel remaining and distance traveled and distance to go, etc.

I know my friends Lincoln Navigator has this and it is really cool. You can see just how your heavy foot affects the actual gas mileage you are getting as well as telling you how much fuel you have left / have used, etc.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Hey ridgeman, long time no see. I haven't heard of anything like this but I think if you search through some of the trip computer threads someone mentioned something about how this might be done not sure. If you find something out somewhere else please keep us posted here as well.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
The RTl navi models already have a trip computer and all of the hardware and sensors. The ability to calculate instant and average MPG is in the NAVI system just like it is on so many other vehicles - Oh wait - it's there but Honda has disabled it because they think that Honda owners will be confused by what it is telling us! :mad: Sorry, how silly of me.

I had those features in my former Chevy Blazer and in a 1996 Saab 9000 Turbo. I really liked it. It helped me to go easy on the right foot. It was also fun and rewarding to see just how high I could get the MPG numbers to go.

Do a Google search for Trip Computer and I am sure that you will find some choices.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Captn - been out of action for awhile - couple of deaths in my wifes family, our 19 month old baby has a lot of demands, etc, etc. and then there just hasn't been anything to complain about on my RL so DAMN I've just been lurking in the background.

:p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts