Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a FYI. This is the first real road trip I have taken with my Ridgeline. All highway miles.
First tank...pushing 75 mph FL. to GA. 19.3
Second tank... up and down in Al. and TN. mountains ...17.7
Third tank...Nashville to Columbus Oh...pushing 78...21.2 :act035:

Any time close to or over 20 I am happy...Cheapest gas $1.94

· Registered
452 Posts
I just got back from my trip to Columbus.
Car Vehicle Gauge Measuring instrument Speedometer

I filled up at the same gas station that I left at when I returned. I put in 8.939 gallons. So that equals out to 25.98 mpg!!! That's the best I think I have ever got before.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Registered
3,082 Posts
14.7 on my 2007 RL in town. 22.3 on my 2003 CRV, that I just inherited from the wife when we bought a 2016 Subaru. The RL has yet to make 20.0 MPG on the interstate after 80k on the ODO. The CRV has become my work vehicle with the RL staying the garage.

· Registered
452 Posts
I normally get between 18-20 depending on how fast I go on the highway and how much in town driving I do.

· Registered
1 Posts
I've owned my RTS for only a couple months but my wife has owned her Pilot for 5+years. I have figured the best combination of maintenance upgrades. I do a lot of highway driving. Always averaging 19-20. If I can keep it at 70-75 I've gotten 21-22. A big help has been the Mobil one Econ synthetic oil. I noticed big mpg increase in the first oil change. Plus I'm always changing spark plugs every 15k miles, and have I&an air filter.

· Registered
4,633 Posts
Still running at 21.2 with 60,000 on it. My fuelly is in my signature. It doesn't show up right but you can click on it.

· Registered
16 Posts
I don't drive a lot, but I did get 23.7 on a trip to Palm Springs this summer with my '14 SE. I wasn't driving particularly fast. My average is 16.2 since new. That sucks but I didn't buy it to save on save. I got it to tow stuff around and it's perfect for those needs of mine.

· Registered
1,361 Posts
I'll pitch in with a candidate for worst MPG. Towed the pontoon boat to the river yesterday. Reset computer just prior to leaving. Avg MPG on 65 mile trip (mostly flat) was 10.0 mpg. I get 9.x on most trips pulling that huge thing.

· Registered
219 Posts
Must be nice! I make a trip to Kingman once a month and best I can do is 15.5 I am going to try to drop the tailgate next time and see how I do.
that won't help. There's something else going on.

I get ~21-22 on the hwy @65-70mph, ~18 in the city, 13-15 when towing a 3k lb popup @60-65mph.

· Registered
277 Posts
I drove ours 1,000 miles this weekend, mostly at 75 mph, but also lots of tooling around upper Virginia doing some house hunting, and averaged exactly 20.0 mpg according to the on-board computer. My average around town is about 18, but that's certainly not all stop-and-go...lots of wide, flat, 4-lane roads around here.

· Registered
2,647 Posts
Must be nice! I make a trip to Kingman once a month and best I can do is 15.5 I am going to try to drop the tailgate next time and see how I do.
Unless you are a major leadfoot or the area is very hilly, there is something wrong that might be fixable. Oxygen sensors, spark plugs, valves need adjusting, parasitic load in drivetrain, bad aftermarket tires, bad fuel, etc.

· Registered
452 Posts
I normally get 19-21, but this winter has killed my mpg. I looked last year and mine dropped to 16.6-17.2 mpg.
This year though last few tanks have been 13.3-14 mpg. I haven't been really letting it idle that much at all but it's been about 2-10 degrees every day. Cold weather kills mpg on this truck.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.