Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@Administrator

GDPR Options is an account setting where one may select "Do not share my published content and information" I looked into GDPR, and it appears that this is related to the EU.

The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a regulation that gives European citizens more control over their personal data. In a nutshell, it extends protection against data breaches, and imposes uniform rules on how companies handle data.
By checking this option,
  1. Does it only limit sharing my content and information in the EU, and,
  2. What content specifically, is being protected? Is it personal data, or all posts?
Thank you for clarification!

·
Administrator
830 Posts
@Administrator

GDPR Options is an account setting where one may select "Do not share my published content and information" I looked into GDPR, and it appears that this is related to the EU.

By checking this option,
  1. Does it only limit sharing my content and information in the EU, and,
  2. What content specifically, is being protected? Is it personal data, or all posts?
Thank you for clarification!
Hey there,

This is an EU law and so it only applies to EU citizens; however if you are an EU citizen living abroad you are also generally covered. Our site is compliant, meaning that most of the required protections are intrinsically built in. The breadth of the law is probably better explained than I can ever cover it.

Hope that clarifies for you.

-Gerrit

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts