Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so what is the trick to shift into (R)?

On my RL I have to pull fairly hard on the shifter to go from (P) to (R), however since not much force is needed to go from (R) to (N) I find myself going from park to (N) and back up to (R) when I want to reverse.

Is it just a matter of me having to get use to this shifter? (All my other cars and trucks have had a floor shifter?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Well, in my case what I'm having to get used-to is the click from N to D. Short, odd little thing.

I suspect everyone will have some things they have to re-learn.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Me, too. I find the gear shift un-natural and requires effort. This maybe Honda over-compensating its transmission problems in Acura and Honda cars in the past 4 years.

·
Registered
48 Posts
When I first started driving it the shifter felt kind of rough like catching on something as i changed gears. So I tried not pulling back on the shift handle as far when changing and it felt alot smoother.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Same thing on the Pilot. You get used to it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have over 3000 miles on my Black RTLS Navi, and I have the shifter down pact. You'all will get used to it..................

·
Registered
646 Posts
Does the D3 button the shift lever take the tranny in and out of overdrive? Having the button depressed, does is make a difference going up and down hills? Thanks

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The button isn't for overdrive, it is to lock in thr first 3 gears (of 5), similar to (1) and(2).

There is no overdrive button. I assume that the transmission CPU is smart enough to not hunt between 5 and 4 when towing?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just got5 my Ridge yesterday. I noticed this at first, and was a little frustrated by it. However, by this morning, I think I have the hang of applying just enough pull to get out of Park, but not slip into Neutral.
It's a diferent feel, but you'll get used to it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts