Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here lifted your Gen 1 RL and

1)how much did you lift by in front and rear?

2) Did you experience any issues as a result of the lift?

3) What parts did said lift actually include?

4) Anyone go truly custom, if so what did you do?

·
Registered
579 Posts
I'm not going to lift mine, at least not at this time, but I did do research on it.
It's more of a leveling kit as you gain 1.5" back and 2" in the front.
You get strut spacers and front sway bar links. So if you're due for new struts, now would be the time to replace them.
You will also need to have the alignment done also.

I've had many trucks and lifted most of them.
The truck will ride differently.
Even though it's not that much of a lift, It's been my experience that some areas will wear more, mostly drive related components.
Being a Millwright, I've installed machinery with universal jack shafts and such that use similar drive components.
I've actually called the manufacturers to verify proper angle tolerances. They require a specific angle for proper lubrication of rotating parts.
As parts rotate, they push the grease over to the proper area that needs it next. Changing the angle also changes the self lubrication path.
With that being said, I do not know if lifting the Ridge will affect those components but I would have to think it would.

I talked to my insurance adjuster recently after a accident.
He said " At least it's not lifted, You wouldn't believe the amount of people that try to get drive components replaced from a minor fender bender that had no affect on them."
He said that unless it's a direct hit on the drive system itself, they deny it and only fix the damaged areas as it's well documented that lifts cause premature wear.

Now that my disclaimer is out of the way.
It's your truck, do what you want and enjoy it.
Search the net and read reviews, amazon is a good start with lots of reviews.
You can also search here, several post on the subject, but I would at least call the manufacturer too.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,860 Posts
I talked to my insurance adjuster recently after a accident.
He said " At least it's not lifted, You wouldn't believe the amount of people that try to get drive components replaced from a minor fender bender that had no affect on them."
He said that unless it's a direct hit on the drive system itself, they deny it and only fix the damaged areas as it's well documented that lifts cause premature wear.
That is a good point I hadn't considered. After my accident, the shop determined that one of my struts was slightly damaged. So I got a new one (and paid to get the other side done so I'd have two new struts upfront).

Reactions: skelley521

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
I have 110,000 miles with no issues and a friend of mine has 240,000 miles on his with no issues. And Id switch to a different insurance company thats BS.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I have 110,000 miles with no issues and a friend of mine has 240,000 miles on his with no issues. And Id switch to a different insurance company thats BS.
I am not just talking about lifted RL, but lifted trucks in general.
I've had many lifted trucks also, most were 4" and I can't argue with him as I had the exact same truck not lifted and I was replacing parts more frequently than the non-lifted one.
Of course the lifted one did see a lot more action as it wasn't a black top mudder....lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts