Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 308 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed on the two different Gen 2's I drove today, after coming to a moderate to light braking complete stop, each time you could feel a front to back shake as the car continued rock back and forth about 4 or 5 times. It wasn't crazy noticeable, but once I felt it, I felt at every stop. Something is definitely not tuned right with this suspension. I have never felt anything like it in a car or truck.

One truck had a quarter tank of gas, the other was on full, so I don't think it was gas sloshing around.

Keep an eye out for this on your test drive to make sure it wont bother you for 8 years.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I drove two of them, and I did not notice that on either one.
It was subtle, but I bet if you drove one again, you would notice it if you turned the radio down, and felt what the vehicle was doing after it stopped.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I noticed on the two different Gen 2's I drove today, after coming to a moderate to light braking complete stop, each time you could feel a front to back shake as the car continued rock back and forth about 4 or 5 times.
:surprise:
Side to side or front to back? Can you get it on video?

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
Wonder if it's a weight distribution thing and the weight of the Pilot is different and the brake proportioning valve is either different or setup differently between the Pilot & the RL. If a brake proportioning valve was adjusted wrong or even an ABS issue, (which could be a computer issue) it could easily be a later TSB or the reason for the delay. I'm sure they will work it out, but the joy's of being an early adopter.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Could be the prop shaft adjusting to the suspension position change from the stop (it has a sliding pinion to allow for this).

Chip H.

·
Registered
189 Posts
After a complete stop would have nothing to with drive shaft or proportioning valves....those things have completed their tasks. The dampers/strut inserts/shocks, however you choose to refer to them, could simply not be valved ideally for that particular scenario. Likely very close to static ride height they probably have very little compression and rebound dampening.

Those early adopters who have this concern, please complain often and loudly to Honda. I'd like us later adopters to have suspension with slightly different dampening and compression valving at low displacement. ;)

·
Registered
567 Posts
I drove two of them, and I did not notice that on either one.
Same here, not so sure most of the posts on here are legit lately

Reactions: quickshoe

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Wonder if it's a weight distribution thing and the weight of the Pilot is different and the brake proportioning valve is either different or setup differently between the Pilot & the RL. If a brake proportioning valve was adjusted wrong or even an ABS issue, (which could be a computer issue) it could easily be a later TSB or the reason for the delay. I'm sure they will work it out, but the joy's of being an early adopter.
It's probably fuel moving around in the tank. My Avalanche would do it even when the tank was full. I wouldn't notice it all the time.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Not A/C shut off ?

·
Registered
973 Posts
Test drove one today and specifically looked for this. Did I see it? Yes, but only because I tried really hard to induce it and was looking for it very hard.
I would not have noticed it at all if I had not read this thread first. If it is no worse than what I saw, I would call it a non-issue.

I liked the vehicle and am working on finding one not yet produced for pre-order.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Test drove one today and specifically looked for this. Did I see it? Yes, but only because I tried really hard to induce it and was looking for it very hard.
I would not have noticed it at all if I had not read this thread first. If it is no worse than what I saw, I would call it a non-issue.

I liked the vehicle and am working on finding one not yet produced for pre-order.
Initially i scoffed at this thread after having drove mine for 400 miles already.. well last night i focused on it and payed attention, there is a little sway forward and back when you come to a stop.

Every vehicle i have does that though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Test drove the sport the other day and this was after reading the first post. Tried to feel this sensation, nothing. We had a full tank of gas, I was driving, the salesman in the passenger seat, my wife and daughter in the back seats. I did light braking as one normally would and I even made a short stop on a little side road that no one uses just to see what happened. Nothing out of the ordinary.

1 - 20 of 308 Posts