Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im big and tall. Ive read all the gen2 features and have seen all the spy shots. I cant confirm any console news. What i need is the console to NOT go from the armrest to the dash in one piece because it kills my knee. The old console was perfect and i am on the edge of my seat to see if it will be a console like that. Heres hoping....

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline EX-L Canadian
1,600 Posts
Welcome to the ROC. By the sounds of it, the next gen RL will have the same armrest as the new Pilot.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,594 Posts
Yes,

All you need to do is to look at the new Pilot to know most things about the interior of the GenII Ridge. Go find a dealer with a new Pilot and sit in it!

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Unfortunately, the new Pilot console does indeed go from below the armrest to the dash, blocking your knee from where you like to put it in the Gen 1 RL. The MDX still has an armrest on the console, and possibly some room for a knee in front of that (except when the 6AT shift lever is in the way). Google "2016 MDX" and go to the official Acura site for a look see.

Edit: Oops, no 6AT just push-button 9AT on the MDX, and the console goes all the way to the dash. I was gonna say the new RL might get a future mod to bring back a console armrest like the MDX has, but that won't help your situation. Time to shop another company for a new truck?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I just googled it. Man that stinks. I like the space, good to drop a fast food bag in or a small drink cooler for trips with the family.

It's ok, I am not allowed to get a new vehicle for a few years anywAy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also think it is a great space in my '06 Ridgeline for your knee when you have the cruise on or to drop a small purchase on the drive back home or the spot for my wife's purse. I wonder what they put in those new consoles to lose so much floor space. I have found those huge center consoles a waste of space on most newer cars I have tried.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts