Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this may be a little premature to start discussing because we don't know hardly any specs for the 2017 RL's audio system yet, but judging by the pictures it appears there isn't going to be any option to replace the factory head unit. The 8" touchscreen looks extremely integrated and I'm not sure if there would be any appreciable benefit by attempting a replacement. With Apple Carplay, Android auto, bluetooth, Pandora and many other direct capabilities, I can't see anyone wanting to alter it. Nonetheless, adding amps and/or sub(s), changing speakers and whatnot may be a possibility. Do you think products such as JL Audio's Clean Sweep will become more prevalent with today's audio control units being so integrated?

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Yep. Have a jeep where ya can't even turn on seat heaters without the screen. Hate it, but as mentioned...most are going with clean sweep. Audison Bit ten seems to be the cats meow for line converters. Pricey but worth it.
With that and good amp/ speakers sounds like your there!

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
There are other options besides a JL clean sweep to integrate aftermarket amps and ect. However because of phone integration you can utilize a plug in/app eq to at least tweak the eq of the system when streaming with Bluetooth. Check out audisons new line of devices to integrate audio into today's not so friendly car audio.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts