Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 White RTL-E
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the stock spare tire rated for a fully loaded Ridgeline towing at the max the vehicle is capable of?

I imagine it would be, but it's not a full size tire and I'm curious.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Is the stock spare tire rated for a fully loaded Ridgeline towing at the max the vehicle is capable of?

I imagine it would be, but it's not a full size tire and I'm curious.
According to Kerry McClure, LPL for the G2, in an interview at the 2016 San Antonio event, yes, the donut spare is rated to handle max payload and towing.

That being said, if put in that situation, i would be very careful with it (slow easy towing) and get it changed out ASAP.

·
Registered
2017 White RTL-E
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! Wanted to make sure I would be safe to get to a tire store if I get a flat in an upcoming move.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
3,422 Posts
I believe there is a max speed limit on the spare, so you would be limping along (in all relateable scenarios). I would recommend getting a full size wheel and roll with it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was thinking of putting a snow tire in the bed under cover and lock of course for towing the camper. Why buy another tire & rim as this will be ready if needed.
But after watching video, if its true....I can leave the snowy at home :D

·
Registered
2017 White RTL-E
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! I double checked the tire rating itself and it is rated for the same weight as a standard tire, but as previously mentioned, a slower speed rating. Should be plenty if something happens to get to the next town/rest area. U haul trailer speed is already 55 mph so the spare isn't that much worse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts