Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,860 Posts
I could have sworn I read above that even the lowly G1 Ridge had that inline filter? Does my reading comprehension suck that bad? ;)

The G1 trans filter is internal. The change procedure is as follows:
RL transmission filter replacement.png

Not really sure you want to change it....

·
Premium Member
3,112 Posts
Ok, so it is internal on the GenI. Where is it and how do you change it? Thanks!
FSM Page 14-299 details (as @speedlever pointed out) the process. From what it looks like, the transmission needs to come out of the vehicle and then the filter can be changed out. It is actually behind the Torque Converter (from the schematics), it seems.

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #83 (Edited)
Ran into two more threads on the Gen2's 6AT overheating:

Like the other threads, there are some members chiming in saying, basically, "me too."

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Here is an interesting response to a Gen2 overheated transmission from a first-time poster/new ROC member on what Honda did when they reprogrammed the transmission to help fix the overheating program, interesting...
I had the same exact issue on 2017. It's not normal. I found a service bulletin on it. Basically tranny cooler is programmed wrong and let's the tranny fluid overheat and it breaks down. Mine had 40k miles on it. They reprogrammed the cooler to keep it lower temp and changed the tranny fluid and it went away. ...

·
Premium Member
3,112 Posts
Here is an interesting response to a Gen2 overheated transmission from a first-time poster/new ROC member on what Honda did when they reprogrammed the transmission to help fix the overheating program, interesting...
I wonder what type of 'programming' they did. Unless it was something related to the cooling fans coming on at a lower water temp, to pull air through in lower speeds (??). The cooler is just a static unit, so is the warmer. I do not see (at least in the schematics) on where something 'electronic' is controlling the fluid flow. It appears that the fluid is active through the system when the vehicle is in motion.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts