Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey ROC, I'm a new member with a few questions. I own a 2008 Silver RTL. I'm looking to get a 2" Lift kit (Purchasing from 'Truxxx') for my truck;
I was wondering what size tires are the maximum available before, AND after a lift.
Another inquiry is the general opinion on the SPEC-D Smoke Euro Tail Lights that are on http://www.carid.com -- Some people are saying there's some problems with fogging in the lights (not to mention they look a tad dorky).
My final question is the cost for the Lift Kit mentioned earlier to be placed on the truck, if I'm unable to do it myself.

Thanks,
DerekLang

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,119 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I don't have either, but am looking to someday also go with a lift. From what I've read, most people choose to have the lift installed by a pro. I don't recall seeing the total cost getting over 500.00 out the door for everything. Just make sure that you drive straight to a place to have it aligned if you can, or asap. Look in the other topics or do a search for which size tires would work best for you. There are many members who post pics of their trucks after they lift it. They all look good in my opinion.
Good luck and keep us posted..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will do! I'll post photos when I'm done. Thanks Ron!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Updated - Front indicators are tinted, back tail lights are tinted, wheels have been plastidipped black (And i carry a can around in my In-Bed Trunk just for a quick touch-up; should I need it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
Lookin good Derek! Keep up the good work!

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
I do agree this truck looks good raised a little. But it does handle better with the right springs (H&R) which lower it slightly. My local mechanic did that on his RL, and it handles nice!
In the end, I probably wont do either.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Updated - Front indicators are tinted, back tail lights are tinted.
Sorry Derek, I think it's unwise to make your lights unsafe & harder to see. :act047:

I do however love those rims, and the truck does look good! :act035:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The tint that I used does make the lights a tiny bit harder to see, but it's barely noticeable. I live in Florida, and here it doesn't really get anything but sunny and pitch black dark. There's still plenty of visibility in the sunlight and even during the night it seems that there's no tint.
Though, should I get cited for it -- The tint would come off.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
One thing I noticed following any Ridgeline from behind (especially dark ones) is that they just look so dark (unlit).

Maybe it's just me!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts