Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have a minor issue with my Ridge...Somehow, droplets formed on the inside of my dash gauges to form spots. At first, I thought they were just stubborn spots on the outside of the gauge, but after much polishing and consulting with the Honda service dept, it was concluded that the spots were on the INSIDE of the gauges. The spots were not there when I bought my Ridge. I've had it for about 3 months now and there've been only a couple heavy periods of rain (I live in Phoenix).

Anyway, to get to the point, the dealer says he will fix the problem by replacing the lenses, but that it'd take all day. I would have to leave the truck. This is fine with me, but I have no other transportation and he refuses to give me loaner because it's not considered a "safety issue."

Has this been anyone else's experience? When is the dealer obligated to give you a loaner?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Hey JW,

When I had my leak issues, the dealership (Tempe Honda) gave me a loaner (actually a paid-for rental, since they don't have 'loaners). Mine wasn't a safety issue either but the picked up the tab both times. Tell them if they won't give a loaner, they better offer shuttle service to and from your home.

I'd definitely speak to the Mgr. if you haven't already

Welcome to the ROC and keep in touch...maybe we will have another AZ meet in the spring.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Meanmachine. I'll do that. I took mine to Showcase, BTW. They've treated me pretty well, otherwise. Have you gotten pretty good service overall from Tempe? I actually bought my Ridge from Bell Honda and though the salesman was cool, I have to say that I was less than pleased with their 'after the sale' customer service.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Print this thread and a few other selected threads about good and bad dealer service. The lack of a loaner for you could result in bad news traveling fast with the result being lost $ales and $ervice. Speak quietly, and carry a big ROC.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I may be wrong, but I don't think the dealer is EVER "obligated" to provide a loaner. I think that's why a rental (or partial) reimbursement is written into most warrantees.
JWRIDGE said:
Hello All,
(snip)
Has this been anyone else's experience? When is the dealer obligated to give you a loaner?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good point. Well, the work is covered by warranty so I should be ok. If I getting any push back, I'll show them my ROC!! :D

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I don't think I have ever gotten a loaner vehicle when leaving a vehicle for service. I have had to leave the vehicles several times and never even got offered a ride as part of it. I know that the dealership I generally do my service through does run a shuttle to our mass transit system, although that won't get me near anything useful.

·
Registered
774 Posts
When I had my honda hitch installed and the oil changed my dealer offered me a loaner car. In fact that was the first time any dealer offered that to me!!!

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
I've only been offered a loaner/rental when having to leave a vehicle overnight. The dealer I currently use has a shuttle to take you wherever, but I live 45 minutes out of town and work an hour away, so I doubt they'd take me to either of those places.

L

·
0 Posts
Dealers themselves are not obligated to have loaners and many don't. However, if it is a warranty issue, you can push the Service Manager to pay for a rental if they don't have dedicated loaners on the lot and then they can go back after Honda to try and recoop their money. But, as a rule, Honda won't pay for a loaner. It's a tough job getting them to spring for a ride. Ask to speak to the dealers Honda rep..see if that gets you anywhere. It's worth a try.
Good Luck and welcome to the ROC family.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
If you have Honda Care extended warranty and it is a warranty issue, a rental car is part of the package, with the time allowed for the rental based on the warranty repair time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great. I do have the extended warranty so I should be all set. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I thought the loaner vehicle on the extended warranty was an option. An option I think I opted against since we have two cars and almost never have them both out at the same time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts