Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm new to the site and I'm glad I found it as it is very helpful. I have a green RTS that I bought in March '05 and was wondering why the Acura MDX is advertised as having 265HP but the Ridgeline only is advertised as having 255HP (they both have the same engine right?). If there is a real difference, how can we Ridgeline owners get the extra HP available in the MDX.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah yes, Zero, aren't we lucky? But seriously. And to add to the HP issue, I heard a radio commercial for the Ridgeline and they stated it had 247HP. I was shocked and feared Honda made a mistake on the window sticker and all the promotional literature. I went back to the Honda dealership in Sept. '05 and the window stickers were still reading 255HP.

Does anyone know of any aftermarket turbo or supercharger kits for the Ridgeline? Sure would be nice to get another 100HP.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Perhaps y'all are correct about the Octane and the method of determining the HP. I appreciate the response. I don't mind getting my hands dirty on tuning as I cut my teeth on carburated Camaros, Chevelles, and even fuel injected Mustangs. What I can say for sure is the more high tech the engine, the more expensive the performance goodies.

I won't go the route of chasing HP by installing larger throttle bodies, high flow injectors, ported intakes, headers, a cam and the like. I did all this with my Mustang and overall I would rather have spent more money on a supercharger, especially since it would have taken much less time to install.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.