Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here. In NY (Orange County) and trucks in general at this point are a HOT commodity. Wanted to know if this is a horrible price? I’m ok with “ok” just not ok with being “ripped off.”

Appreciate your comments.

2020 RTL - in transit
Lunar Silver

$39,940
Dealer Discount - $2734
$37,206 + tax

Nothing else other than NY tax.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
New here. In NY (Orange County) and trucks in general at this point are a HOT commodity. Wanted to know if this is a horrible price? I’m ok with “ok” just not ok with being “ripped off.”

Appreciate your comments.

2020 RTL - in transit
Lunar Silver

$39,940
Dealer Discount - $2734
$37,206 + tax

Nothing else other than NY tax.

Thoughts?
A quick peek at Cars direct shows 36,953 and that's with doing zero other research. Most 2020 sales have been on the E trim.

·
Registered
117 Posts
There is a thread (below) on recent prices paid. Most are RTL-Es, but there are a few recent RTL-AWD postings with prices paid around $36K. With the low supply at the moment, there is likely to be a premium on the price.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E (Modern Steel Metallic), 2013 RTL (Dark Cherry Pearl)
1,398 Posts
I always tell salesmen during negotiating that I like "round numbers". I'd bet they would take an even 3K off the price if you pressed them. Worth a shot if this is the must have for you. Good luck!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I always tell salesmen during negotiating that I like "round numbers". I'd bet they would take an even 3K off the price if you pressed them. Worth a shot if this is the must have for you. Good luck!
So funny...that is EXACTLY what I was planning on doing tonight when I go there. Going ready to sign on the dotted line with a hefty deposit... hoping they want to sell a car before it even arrives.

Wish me luck, I'll let you know how it goes.

Appreciate you guys.

·
Premium Member
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
33 Posts
Lowest price I could find on a 2020 RTL is $34,757 nationwide. If you haven't bought already, he is a starting price. KBB.com shows a median fair purchase price for a stock RTL (no other bells and whistles) for $37,240. Just some quick data pulls. You may want to do more research and see if this is the trim you really want. Are you willing to go used? You may get more bang for your buck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lowest price I could find on a 2020 RTL is $34,757 nationwide. If you haven't bought already, he is a starting price. KBB.com shows a median fair purchase price for a stock RTL (no other bells and whistles) for $37,240. Just some quick data pulls. You may want to do more research and see if this is the trim you really want. Are you willing to go used? You may get more bang for your buck.
Good point, I just don't think KBB takes in consideration that trucks are a hot commodity right now and in very short supply. But you are right...gives me negotiating points.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Are you looking to buy local only. I live in Saratoga County and actually got mine from Brewster Honda which is part of the Lia chain. They were the most competitive on price. Also, if you didn't know, the headlights on the E trim are vastly superior. Good luck

·
Registered
235 Posts
When you are at the dealership, you are already at a disadvantage.Always get the total price with a purchase order through e-mail and walk out if the price changes.

·
Premium Member
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
33 Posts
Got em' to give me a $3500 discount and come up by $500 on my trade.

Happy Camper. Thanks for ALL of your help.

You saved me $$
Hell yeah! Congrats DBLXX!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts

You saved me $$
Outstanding - well done!

When I bought my 2019 RTL AWD last November it was so helpful to be able to say "I know people have been paying $xx,xxx everywhere, so let's just do that." And they did just about that :).

·
Registered
1 Posts
They are flying out the doors in Michigan, few in stock anywhere. I paid $39,400 for a 2020 RTL-E, got a fair trade in. I checked in with Sam's Club and Costco and both were more than 500 higher so don't waste your time.

·
Super Moderator
5,563 Posts

You saved me $$
Good work @DBLXX. Enjoy your Ridgeline, knowing you got a good deal on it.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E (Modern Steel Metallic), 2013 RTL (Dark Cherry Pearl)
1,398 Posts
KBB sounds a bit high in quote?? I paid $36,451 for my 2020 RTL-E in April (+T&L).

1 - 20 of 46 Posts