Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what happens when you are up at 2 o'clock in the morning not being able to sleep.

I couldnt help but think, we've been reading the threads on sightings and Ridges around our local communities, but the only thing I've seen to get the word out for the ROC is the window sticker which was a personal prototype, if im not mistaken. (side note, I want to put my official vote for seeing those stickers happen! I'd LOVE one!) Anyway, we see Ridges around, parked in parking lots maybe, and have no way of telling them "we were there, we saw your ride, come see mine"!

So heres my personal prototype, if you will. We should all keep a few of these personalized business card like items in our trucks. That way if all we see is the parked Ridge and cannot make contact with the owner, we leave this and VIOLA, new member (hopefully). I just personaly think of my "sighting". It's a Ridge parked across the street from my office about once a week or so, and I never see the owner. So I'd like to leave this and hopefully he may come online.

Anyway, like i said its just an idea. I welcome any and all suggestions and comments. This is something we could all do on our own, in our own personal ways. A flyer, a card, something subtle so as not to make people upset. Or we could come up with a standard card so no matter where you are, its the same and is recognized. Something maybe even produced and promoted by the ROC. Let me know what you think. I love feedback on my crazy ideas.

I would like to ad that, with the exception of the picture of my truck, all images were taken directly from the ROC.com website. I take NO credit whatsoever for the images themselves. I mean to cause no problems when it comes to ANY copyrighted material. I hope this is ok with the site admins. If there is any problem with the personal recreational use of these images, please feel free to inform me. Thanks. I mean NO harm!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Looks great, DAB.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Not that I intend to copy a phrase from the Guinness beer commercials but " Brilliant!, Yes! Brilliant!"

I like it, great idea. Heres another idea to go along with it, if you refer one customer to your Honda dealer and it results in a sale, I will bet that they will be more than happy to pay for printing them for you. Add their dealership information on the other side. When a new prospective customer brings that card in, I bet that you will get more than a box of cards printed the next time!

All in good fun, for a good cause - spreading the good word about this site and the Ridgeline! :)

·
Registered
774 Posts
I agree this is a great idea. Of course, based on the low numbers of Ridgelines on the road, you'll only need to carry a few cards with you at any given time.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, true. I'd only need ONE! Once i give it to the only ridge in town, I've done my part! hehe

L

·
0 Posts
This is a car magnet I made that I proudly display on the back of my truck. If Tom will give me permission, I would like to make these available to anyone for a small donation with total proceeds to go to the Toys for Tots Race in August held by ckra.org.
Feel free to check with shovelhd and Nicholas as to my validity. I'm really not a crockpot on the net looking for donations to support some cocaine habit. The only habit I have in my life right now is racking up the miles on Lady Ridgina!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts