Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,896 Posts
Actually from what I've read we don't need an AWD Dyno, pull the propeller shaft (rear drive shaft) and put it on the dyno as a FWD. The rear drive only works to 18mph, IIRC, and don't know what it would do on an AWD Dyno

· Super Moderator
7,896 Posts
Looking forward to seeing engine parts installed ;)

And on the "Drop" springs, are those "Progressive Rate", just curious?

Looks Good, So Far!

· Super Moderator
7,896 Posts
I love the look you've added to the Headlights, DRL & especially the Fogs. ;)

Reactions: HondaPower

· Super Moderator
7,896 Posts
If someone ever finds a "HONDA DEALER" which rents "HONDA's", Fire Up the Bat Signal to let everyone know it exists...

· Super Moderator
7,896 Posts
That Sux, they wouldn't offer you a deal (xx% restocking fee)? Been there done that, maybe not to that $ amount, but close.

I've seen them, and would love to do something like that, but I probably have $1k in parts & accessories hidden in the garage now. Hiding the part, NBD, Hiding another $800, would be hard, But it's way beyond my skill set & who to hire?

Reactions: Sparkland

· Super Moderator
7,896 Posts
Now that's a sleeper, if I ever saw one...

· Super Moderator
7,896 Posts
Re: Upgrade injectors

The J35 (G1 Ridgeline) uses a PT2279 injector connector
The J37 (G2 MDX) uses a PT2316 injector connector, So the MDX injectors do not just swap into the Ridgeline as you already know.
The K20 (RSx) uses a PT2279 injector connector, so it will fit the clips on the Ridgeline. Question is, the physical dimension compatability.

The RSX injector, from what I see flows 325cc/min @ 3Bar with 11.5 OHM resistance. They seem to operate at 8 to 18 volts with 13.5V being nominal. The specs are off an OEM Keihin 542-12294 fuel injector that fits the RSX & TSX.

Looks like the stock Ridgeline injector flows 260 cc/min (Fuel Injector Flow Rate - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums post #3). May want to contact the user to get all the juicy details of that flow number.
Looks like @smufguy found some great info. :grin:

FYI, @Snapshot hasn’t been here since 2016 :frown:

Reactions: Sparkland

· Super Moderator
7,896 Posts
That is great news, will be interesting to see how much improvement it has after a week or two of living with it. @dopes6070 if he hasn’t already completed similar, will probably appreciate the finding.

Thanks again @GhostYK1

Reactions: GhostYK1

· Super Moderator
7,896 Posts
Did you “clock” the plugs? I’ve read about it, never done anything so advanced so no experience with any of this. I love reading the posts/threads similar to this. ;)

· Super Moderator
7,896 Posts
Idle learn procedure? I went and adjusted the intake pipe angle and turned off the truck and turned back on and the light came off i dont know if it needs to be perfectly leveled or what but It was sagging quite a bit. Put some Zip ties to just hold it in place to see if it comes back on.
Hope this helps, from the FSM.
PCM Idle Learn Procedure
The idle learn procedure must be done so the PCM can learn the engine idle characteristics.
Do the idle learn procedure whenever you do any of these actions:
• Replace PCM.
• Reset PCM.
• Update PCM.
• Clean or replace the throttle body.
NOTE: Erasing DTCs with the HDS does not require you to do the idle learn procedure.
1. Make sure all electrical items (A/C, audio, lights, etc.) are off.
2. Reset the PCM with the HDS.
3. Turn the ignition switch ON (II), and wait 2 seconds.
4. Start the engine. Hold the engine speed at 3,000 rpm without load (in Park or neutral) until the radiator fan comes on, or until the engine coolant temperature reaches 194 °F (90 °C).
5. Let the engine idle for about 5 minutes with the throttle fully closed.
NOTE: If the radiator fan comes on, do not include its running time in the 5 minutes.

· Super Moderator
7,896 Posts
Was on call this long weekend, and got called in. So hopefully this is what I get to look forward to doing next weekend.

by GhostYK1, on Flickr
@GhostYK1 what brake upgrade are you doing, need more than a pretty picture...

· Super Moderator
7,896 Posts
Reactions: GhostYK1

· Super Moderator
7,896 Posts
@GhostYK1 is that stuff in the pictures what I think it is, no defect in the camera used?

· Super Moderator
7,896 Posts
@GhostYK1

1) have you asked Amsoil if they have anything (they will sell you something either way most likely)

2) You realize the VTM-4 fluid you only use 3/4 a jug every 30k miles or 48k km and basically every 4th change is free?

3) Three containers is about 32cm x 27cm x 19cm, pretty easy to store the next 192km of fluid

If you were looking for performance improvements, and with your extensive and impressive work on your Ridgeline I would understand, but honestly don’t think the juice is worth the squeeze. YKMV 😉

Reactions: speedlever
1 - 14 of 14 Posts