Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

181 - 200 of 212 Posts

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #181 (Edited)
@GhostYK1 what brake upgrade are you doing, need more than a pretty picture...
No upgrade. These are stock calipers. I have been able to adjust to the current setup and have had no braking issues. Other than the original rear caliper sliders are seized up. Dealership said they serviced them last year....Not!

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
The new shoes and summer wheels installed, dropped another 1/2". The rear tires have a bit of camber to them. I ordered a set of adjustable upper control arms to get them back to OEM.

The weather was nice enough to finally get the Spring wash and wax done.

and just for shyts and giggles, new badging

by GhostYK1, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,020 Posts
Hey Mark, you are still on 2" Lowery springs on OEM shocks? Also what camber arms are you ordering for the rear? Camber bolts for the front?

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
Yes they are still the stock OEM struts and shocks. I bought the gear from Specialty Products Company, aka SPC Performance.

The front are Part No. 81295 - Pair For replacement of 18mm bolts
The rears are Part No. 67490 - 1 x Honda adjustable rear arm w/ball joint

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,044 Posts
Wooooowwww Fiero! I assume you're going to be playing around with it? Are we talking going as crazy as doing an LS1 or LS2 swap? I know it's been done.

Reactions: Carsmak

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Nothing that crazy. I do have a complete boosted 3.4L V6 5spd swap that i am going to hang on to. Plans for it now are lowering it and building the 2.8L. Bore it out to a 3.1L with a nice 10.5:1 compression and stage 2 cam.

It is a blast to drive as it sits now. I don't see the need for an LS swap. Besides, if I wanted that kind of HP I would probably opt for a lighter more powerful Honda engine. ?

·
Registered
10,044 Posts
3.4 as in the 3400 engine from the 99-05 Grand Am GT? I know that engine well as I owned a 99 GA for quite a long time. Several guys ran a small supercharger and a few did a turbo setup. They had fortified transmissions, of course, because the 4T45E was pretty fragile. The engines were stout in torque, but a little light on hp from the factory. A few bolt ons and some tuning yielded some good power gains. Some were hitting 11's in a fwd, heavy car. I had a simple intake and exhaust on mine and never took it down a 1/4 mile strip. It was peppy, but certainly didn't approach what I would now deem to be "fast".

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
Yes, it is the 3400 out of my old 04 Grand Am. It has a built F23 5spd trans bolted up to it. Never ran this partucular setup, car was to far gone to finish the swap. Got rid of it and bought the Fiero GT.

The modified 3400 auto I had in it was fun to drive. Had the larger throttle body, ported and polished heads, stage 2 cams and custom headers with a 2.5" exhaust and crossflow muffler. Sounded pretty sweet!

I think with the turbo it will be even better in a mid engine rwd car that is half the weight.

·
Registered
10,044 Posts
^^ Bringing back some memories there, my friend. I was a member of the GAGT Forum for many years with several thousand posts. I was a youngin' without a whole lot of knowledge then, but I basically learned to work on vehicles with that car. Made mistakes and had some wins. I made a custom intake that went down into the drivers side fenderwell. It was a real PITA because to clean or replace the filter, I had to remove the wheel and the inner fender liner. I eventually settled on a modified short ram intake that was much easier to maintain. I had a ported TB, but never touched the intake manifold. Kept the stock exhaust manifolds and cat, but ran a 2.5" SLP pipe back to a Magnaflow transverse muffler with stainless tips. All in all, I thought it sounded "good" at the time. WOT was a huge amount of fun and I spent some time in the upper RPMs for that reason. I now know that not many V6's sound good. Lol!

The car basically started to disintegrate around 2008/09 or so and I was putting quite a bit of money into it just to keep it on the road. When the tranny went in early 2010, that was the last straw. It had 140k miles on it and I ended up selling it to a small car dealer for $800. I'm sure he put a new tranny into it and made a profit, but I just wanted rid of the thing by that point. Been a very happy RL owner since then.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
Wow...been a while since I updated this one...

Finally got around to installing the SPC Performance adjustable camber arms on the rear. Fronts don't need anything...yet! Got all of the fluids changed out now she needs a bath.

by GhostYK1, on Flickr

After seeing the rear sitting like this, she will most definitely be getting bags next summer. Slam it to the ground! There is still an inch of room for the exhaust to go up, that or I will have to route it over the LCA. :cool:

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,020 Posts
Finally got around to installing the SPC Performance adjustable camber arms on the rear. Fronts don't need anything...yet! Got all of the fluids changed out now she needs a bath.
After seeing the rear sitting like this, she will most definitely be getting bags next summer. Slam it to the ground! There is still an inch of room for the exhaust to go up, that or I will have to route it over the LCA. :cool:
Since you lowered the truck, you never adjusted the camber? How bad were they before and after you got an alignment (I hope you did?)?

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
I still haven't taken it to an alignment shop. Did the alignment myself following the HSM specs. The rears had a very noticeable lean. I think I measured them at -4° 30' of camber before the adjustable arm install. I have all 4 corners set to -1° 0' right now. that's within the allowable ±45' of OE specs. If I take my hands off the wheel she tracks straight as an arrow and there is no uneven wear on the tires, and no dog tracking. :LOL:

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,020 Posts
Did you adjust the toe to your spec or did you leave it at factory and just adjusted the camber? How is the front looking like with the 2" drop?
Mine is set to -0.5 all around, but I would imagine at -1.0, it must feel very planted on the road, combined with very less tire overlap of the 40 profile 255s. You still running the Michelins?
I may have missed this, but did you compare how the acceleration and stopping were affected after the suspension drop?

I have to say that rear looks slammed and cannot imagine how it would be with the bags.
Saw this on the Facebook group. Just nuts

107522828_10214338067884488_4533851376375957396_n.jpg 108003845_10214338067404476_2291838653010149119_n.jpg 107640935_10214338068084493_7093039750529223656_n.jpg

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
I left the toe to factory spec and adjusted the camber.

She handles like it's on rails, mind you I changed my tires, no longer running the Micheline's

by GhostYK1, on Flickr

I am currently running a set of 245/45R20 Cooper Zeon RS3-S tires. They are a high performance car tire with a Y speed rating and a 103 load rating. It stops on a dime after new rotors and pads. The stainless lines make a bit of a difference in peddle feel. Much firmer than OE.

Front is sitting pretty low as well, driveway is not level across so one side looks higher than the other.

by GhostYK1, on Flickr

That is exactly how I want mine laying when I'm parked. Love the look of that RL, minus the police style push bar....;)

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,020 Posts
I need to explore tires and wheels in a couple of years as I think I am ready to go up to 19s and decent tires. I think I am ready to graduate to performance all seasons now :)

I am sure you heard of Air Lift Performance (Air Lift Performance). Saw the track subaru driven by Cody Miles (Login • Instagram) and could be something that can be made one off for your G1.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
I was looking at this setup:

Bit pricey but well worth it for a pretty much bolt on system.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,020 Posts
Mark have you been in touch with them about the fitment? Did they say if there are customers out there with a G1 and their kit that you can speak with? I have seen this kit come up in Google searches, but I chalked it up to just a company advertising as Ridgeline specific, but think its not a proprietary kits. Besides, what type of shock absorber are they using?

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
Mark have you been in touch with them about the fitment? Did they say if there are customers out there with a G1 and their kit that you can speak with? I have seen this kit come up in Google searches, but I chalked it up to just a company advertising as Ridgeline specific, but think its not a proprietary kits. Besides, what type of shock absorber are they using?
They have not responded to any of my emails, so I guess I will be going the custom route from bagriders.com. They answered all my questions within 24hrs and were more than willing to help me choose quality parts that I should use.

On another note, I'll just leave this here.

by GhostYK1, on Flickr

Couldn't pass it up for $100.... not sure where I am going to use it, might be the Ridgeline. Have to check the clearance with the ITB's. ;)

181 - 200 of 212 Posts