Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
281 - 287 of 287 Posts

· Premium Member
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #281 ·
1) No, didn't bother.

2) Yes I do.

3) I do not currently like storing extra fluids in my house. Now with my detached garage being builtin the next few weeks, I will have a flammables cabinet for such storage and will probably stock up. ;)

4) Yes that is more what I was looking for, and after extensive research I agree that it really not worth the squeeze.

Thanks for your input

I am currently on the look out for a wrecked RL so I can get a cheap rear diff to tear into. Would love to increase the amount of TQ to the rear with some upgraded clutch discs. ;)

· Premium Member
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #282 ·
👍10 years old and she's still looking classy and current! That's why I love Honda chassis, timeless!

by GhostYK1, on Flickr

I must say, there were a lot of people "laughing behind my back" at this car cruise!

Oh, and I still managed to pick up my groceries on the way home. 👍

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi Ghost, how much do you think the entirety of your mods cost just in parts? I've never overhauled an engine so this stuff is way over my head. Just curious on parts pricing.

Any suggestions on where to start to learn/do smaller projects? I love your truck!

· Premium Member
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #285 ·
Hi Ghost, how much do you think the entirety of your mods cost just in parts? I've never overhauled an engine so this stuff is way over my head. Just curious on parts pricing.

Any suggestions on where to start to learn/do smaller projects? I love your truck!
Hello there StackingMiles,

Thank you, she's a labour of love.

I don't actually have any sort of receipt book of parts prices on everything. ;) I've spent more on this thing than it's worth to anyone else. It would take some time for me to go back over all of the parts and see what they are worth now. Not to mention, the projects that have been started and shelved for now. Those are probably around $5k on their own.

Anything in specific that you are looking at?

This forum is a pretty good place to start getting into wrenching on small stuff.

· Premium Member
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #287 ·
Scheduled for the 6hr recall kit install next week. Have to say they are pretty quick. I didn't realize that they are doing the kit install on every G1 RL that passes the initial recall inspection. I initially thought when it passed you were done.

Noticed 2 other G1 RL's in the back of the dealership parking lot. One of them didn't look good at all, nothing left of the rockers. It looked like someone went and pulled it out of their back field.

281 - 287 of 287 Posts