Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Thanks so much for sharing your Ridgeline prices and general information about the truck. :) I just picked up a Silver RTS and wanted to share my deal in case it helps anyone else get a good deal.

I bought my truck 11/27 in Southern California. My purchase price/cap cost was $26,511 for a RTS with no options. My local dealer's internet division matched the CarsDirect price. I ended up leasing the car because Honda is having a special lease deal. Now this is my first lease but every way I calculated it it seems to be a great deal.

Cap cost - $26,511 (+ $595 acquisition fee)
Money factor - .0005
Cap reduction/down payment - $0
Term - 36 months/15k miles
Monthly payment - $314.28 after 8.25% Cali tax

I'd appreciate any comments about this deal so I can learn more about structuring a lease versus buying outright.

Again thanks to everyone who helped me decide on such a great vehicle.

Ben

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
BenM said:
Hello All,

Thanks so much for sharing your Ridgeline prices and general information about the truck. :) I just picked up a Silver RTS and wanted to share my deal in case it helps anyone else get a good deal.

I bought my truck 11/27 in Southern California. My purchase price/cap cost was $26,511 for a RTS with no options. My local dealer's internet division matched the CarsDirect price. I ended up leasing the car because Honda is having a special lease deal. Now this is my first lease but every way I calculated it it seems to be a great deal.

Cap cost - $26,511 (+ $595 acquisition fee)
Money factor - .0005
Cap reduction/down payment - $0
Term - 36 months/15k miles
Monthly payment - $314.28 after 8.25% Cali tax

I'd appreciate any comments about this deal so I can learn more about structuring a lease versus buying outright.

Again thanks to everyone who helped me decide on such a great vehicle.

Ben
Hi BenM, Welcome to the family! A friend of ours got into an open end lease on a new car and he was not very happy with it towards the end of the lease but if it’s a closed end lease without the relatively limited mileage it may pan out for you. We decided to pay cash and purchase our Ridgeline under our company name which means ours is really owned by the company and I get to drive it. So there are some different ways to get into a new Ridge. I feel that as you grow more & more accustom to the smooth ride this thing has, that you will surely exceed the 15k cap on yearly mileage. However, $595 out of pocket and $314.28 per month sounds great to me but then again I’m the type who can’t to leave anything “stock” and will keep modifying mine indefinitely. Anyway, I digress, we are just glad you are here & ROC on…….:D

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Congrats on your new truck and welcome to the club.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Ben, it looks like you did OK in the acquisition of your Ridgeline. Welcome to the group. As you read through some of the threads, you will notice that we are having a fun color battle. Please enter that SILVER truck in the color poll. :D

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Welcome to the club and thanks for the great information. I am sure it will be helpful to someone thinking about leasing soon. I know there were a couple people posting about this earlier in the month so they may find this very helpful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts