Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Administrator
13,397 Posts
Tried to capture what I'm talking about...but it's something that's not really easy to photograph. Maybe it has to do with the time of day I'm usually driving...but it happens very often that I get reflection in my eyes.
I clearly see what you're talking about. I suppose I'm simply not bothered by such reflections. Perhaps it's my sunglasses. Perhaps it's my tinted windows. Perhaps it's just a subconscious acceptance that glossy surfaces reflect light. :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
I completely agree with you @Logey22. I live in an area with 300+ days of sun. I get blinded occasionally as well from the gloss black strip across the dash and the surround around the shifter. I was considering a dash wrap kit like this 2017 Ridgeline Vinyl Dash Kit. But I really only need pieces 11/12 and 27 in the picture. I think I will try it myself with matte black 3M.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)

I like the way it's looking. It might be bland for some people, but I like it thus far.

If I ever get tired of it I can just rip it off.

Looks like I'll have yo order one more long piece for the strip in the dash. I thought I was going to able to do it with what I bought but I undershot the total length.

·
Super Moderator
6,940 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
How difficult is it to remove that center piece/panel where the shifter and cup holders are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Two screws and popping up clips, then just unconnecting the wiring harness. It's been the easiest part to remove so far.

·
Super Moderator
4,899 Posts
View attachment 396099
I like the way it's looking. It might be bland for some people, but I like it thus far.

If I ever get tired of it I can just rip it off.
View attachment 396102

Looks like I'll have yo order one more long piece for the strip in the dash. I thought I was going to able to do it with what I bought but I undershot the total length.
You did a great job on the wrap. It looks professionally done.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Thanks. I have experience. Ive done many interior pieces and and even wrapped my last car.
So, if you can remember back to your 'novice' days …. could one of us who has no experience likely achieve the (great) look you got on that somewhat complex console panel?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I think if you practice on a few pieces first, you will understand how the vinyl acts. I always stretch without heat first, and only apply heat when absolutely needed. The 3m 1080 series is pretty forgiving stuff.

I'd recommend watching DIY help videos on youtube, I really dont think its that difficult, but it can be frustrating at times.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
It's not for me but no denying that your wrap-job looks OEM on those pieces, kudos!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Logey22, I concur with the glossy bits being a bad idea. I have noticed this on several vehicles over the years, including the makers chrome logo in the middle of the steering wheel. When the sun hits it just wrong, the reflection can be quite distracting. In many cases the lower trim level vehicles have matte finished plastic here, but higher end trims have gloss or chrome or combos that look nice but are distracting. Other forums have members that have purchased the trim pieces from the lower trim levels to put in their higher trim vehicle to mitigate these issues. I have even seen after market items to resolve just this issue.

Your work is very impressive!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Been looking at G2's for some time, honestly, I think the piano black look is appealing. I don't like the look of the center console sliding cover, I thought it should match the rest of the shiny black trim. Well done wood grain is another look I like but that would be aftermarket.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts