Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't imagine why Honda decided to remove the damper from the glove box. It can't save Honda that much to leave it there. Anybody know if the damper from the Gen 1 will fit the Gen 2. I might take the old one out before I trade in the vehicle this week.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
If it wasn't designed to have a damper then I doubt a damper will fit. Does the glove box just slam open? Or does it have a different design for a damper, thats in the hinge or something?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it wasn't designed to have a damper then I doubt a damper will fit. Does the glove box just slam open? Or does it have a different design for a damper, thats in the hinge or something?
Once you unlock the glove box it drops like a rock. The first time I opened it, I was not expecting it to drop and I jumped.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Once you unlock the glove box it drops like a rock. The first time I opened it, I was not expecting it to drop and I jumped.
Well that's a bunch of crap. If I think about it and my habits,Im kinda torn though....I usually (if im on pass side) grab the handle.pull it open.then grab whatever with other hand. If im on the drivers...im much faster about it, I grab handle and instantly remove same hand to grab whatever....

If you look on the right hand side of the glove box and see a tab then I think you could do it...maybe that ridge just didnt have one...

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,263 Posts
I'd check to see if there's one in there but disconnected.

Take some Pics if someone has a minute. Guessing the HVAC filter is behind the glove box also

·
Administrator
16,079 Posts
Fast Ed is right. One of the first things I noticed on my test drive was that Honda deleted the glove box damper. Another deletion is courtesy lights in the rear doors.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,263 Posts
Wow, yet they still charge more, and not just inflation increases...

·
Administrator
16,079 Posts
In the early-90s, GM starting putting the low-cost (at the time) Delco Moraine ABS VI system in almost all of its vehicles as standard equipment. In the late-90s, it was removed as a standard feature from many models. Another example was in the '99 Buick Regal I had. For '00, Buick eliminated the white/red door courtesy lights and replaced them with a red reflector. Even our beloved G1 Ridgelines lost their coin holder along the way. They also lost the red "security" LED located above the driver's door lock before that - it was replaced by a plastic plug.

The choices made by bean counters are often bizarre.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts