Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how to remove the glove box? My windshield was replaced Friday at the dealer, and for some reason, the box was removed. Something was not reconnected, because now when the box is unlatched, it opens up with a slam. Before, it would slowly open up. I would rather try to fix myself rather than take time off from work to bring the truck back. Thanks:confused:

L

·
0 Posts
Tex's Ridge said:
Can anyone tell me how to remove the glove box? My windshield was replaced Friday at the dealer, and for some reason, the box was removed. Something was not reconnected, because now when the box is unlatched, it opens up with a slam. Before, it would slowly open up. I would rather try to fix myself rather than take time off from work to bring the truck back. Thanks:confused:
This is a quote from vertrkr in the wind noise thread. :D

Same happened to me. Really easy to snap it back on. On the right side you'll see it and where it snaps onto. I used a screw driver to help press it down onto the snap as I could not get my fingers into the tight space.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
vertrkr said:
Should have mentioned it's a rod that the end snaps back onto the right side of the glovebox. Look on the right side and you'll see the rod hanging down un-attached.
Thanks vertrkr and ladyridge. By the way Vertrkr, I reviewed your thread on 5-12 about this subject, and noticed you had a cowling problem buckled up..it happens that along with the windnoise (the windshield was replaced) that the cowling was buckled in two places. The cowling was replaced, but now it is worse than before. One end was not snapped down. I tried to snap all along the length of the cowling but still have the gap in places. How was yours fixed? :confused:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Tex's Ridge said:
Thanks vertrkr and ladyridge. By the way Vertrkr, I reviewed your thread on 5-12 about this subject, and noticed you had a cowling problem buckled up..it happens that along with the windnoise (the windshield was replaced) that the cowling was buckled in two places. The cowling was replaced, but now it is worse than before. One end was not snapped down. I tried to snap all along the length of the cowling but still have the gap in places. How was yours fixed? :confused:
The dealer replaced the cowling and that fixed it for me. The tech also didn't get it snapped down in all the places but it was still flush regardless, I just pushed around and felt it snap in in a few places but it was still flush before that anyway.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks again Vertrkr. I was able to reconnect my glovebox restraint linkage. Warning to others. There are razor sharp edges behing the box. I was able to reach all the way behind the box to snap the linkage back on, and had two cuts to show for it.

They are going to take the cowling off on Friday and reassemble to see if the gaps can be corrected. I have snapped all the snaps but still have the gap. The reason for this concern initially was that after two months, dirt and stuff was accumulating in that gap. And is it filled, the gap seemed to be expanding.

I looked at a couple of other RL's on the lot and the cowling edges were flush on the glass. I argued this point with the service rep on Friday, when I complained that the new cowling did not fix my problem. Also, when I picked up the truck on Friday, the cowling end on the drivers side was not even secured!! It was gaping wide. Unfortunately, I had pushed and snap that end in before the rep got to see it. I told him I want satisfaction and was not going to accept his suggestion that nothing else he can do. The General Mgr called me this morning and wants me to bring my baby back in to look at it again. Phew!! I simply told him that I paid over 35k for this truck and I expect it be in factory condition like the other RL's on his lot!!! ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
No one answered the original question. I have an issue with the lights in my radio. Someone suggested the problem is in the wiring harness. And that you would have to have tiny hands to get behind the radio without removing everything. So maybe with the glove box removed I could get my hand up in there. So.... How do you remove the glove box?

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,803 Posts
No one answered the original question. I have an issue with the lights in my radio. Someone suggested the problem is in the wiring harness. And that you would have to have tiny hands to get behind the radio without removing everything. So maybe with the glove box removed I could get my hand up in there. So.... How do you remove the glove box?
I cant help you with the radio, but open and empty the glovebox. Push the two sides together and the upper corner clips will release and the glove box will fall forward. Notice the restraint on the right rear that will have to be reconnected when reinstalling to allow the glovebox to open slowly, and not just slam open. This is really easy to do.

·
Registered
580 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here's a great thread on how to replace your cabin filter (which necessitates removing the glove box). Complete with pictures on the glove box removal portion, so it should guide you on what you need.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9130
Heli and Nuke, Thank you SOOOOO Much!
Glove box came out so easily! And my Filter was FILTHY! I'm going to get a furnace filter like one of the last posters in the above thread suggested.
But I couldn't reach the back of the radio, so I'll have to try something else to fix my radio lights.
Heli....Hughesville, near Williamsport? I'm in Wilkes-Barre.

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,803 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts