Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed my glove compartment slams open. My understanding is that it is suppose to glide open. Is this an easy fix I can do or do I have to bring it back to the dealer? I haven't looked closely at it yet, I'm making dinner for the kids. :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
My understanding is that it uses a spring loaded gas cylinder. Sounds like you either have a defective cylinder or it has become detached. Given working under the dash is a pain and your truck is new I would suggest having one of the limber young technicians at the dealership look at it. It shouldn't take long to fix.

L

·
0 Posts
Koopaindy said:
I just noticed my glove compartment slams open. My understanding is that it is suppose to glide open. Is this an easy fix I can do or do I have to bring it back to the dealer? I haven't looked closely at it yet, I'm making dinner for the kids. :)
Hey mine does that too..I just thought it was suppose to be like that!!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
It's a rod that the end snaps back onto the right side of the glovebox. Look on the right side and you'll see the rod hanging down un-attached. Really easy to snap it back on. On the right side you'll see it and where it snaps onto. I used a screw driver to help press it down onto the snap as I could not get my fingers into the tight space.

L

·
0 Posts
vertrkr said:
It's a rod that the end snaps back onto the right side of the glovebox. Look on the right side and you'll see the rod hanging down un-attached. Really easy to snap it back on. On the right side you'll see it and where it snaps onto. I used a screw driver to help press it down onto the snap as I could not get my fingers into the tight space.
Thanks Vert..going out to try it right now.
:p

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tis Fixed!! A little contorting to see what I was dealing with and it snapped back into place easy as could be. Less than 5 minute fix. Once again the ROC saves me time and money.
Not driving to the dealer $3. Two tiny tots in bed by 8, priceless.

L

·
0 Posts
I guess mine is alright. It does come down slow but I have a lot of heavy stuff in there like the original lugs that came with the truck since I replaced them and the manual and stuff like that.
Thanks!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts