Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an odd question, I haven't gotten my truck yet but I am still curious. I did finally find a mention that the glovebox locks (it is odd it isn't in the honda brochures), but I wonder how secure it is.

Some gloveboxes you can essentially pull off very easily, and the reason I ask this is that Honda seems to have made a mistake in the security of their trunk. In my civic there is a little floor lock which secures both the gas tank and the trunk. While it is cool it is also irritating because sand gets into it and makes it hard to turn (I live on a dirt road so dirt and sand get into my car constantly). But even though it is a pain, and putting a cheap little cover over it would make all the difference, it seems better than the current situation with the Ridgeline. From what it seems, pushing the button down in the glovebox (and maybe I have this upside down but I thought it was down to unlock), you can open the trunk, if this is true, it shouldn't be hard to slide a stiff card into the glovebox to release the trunk.

I just worry because I am going to have to leave the vehicle with valets a few times in the near future for trips I will be taking, and I have had a valet try to get stuff from the trunk, poor guy was probably sadly disappointed to find nothing there for his effort, only reason I knew is because my rug was moved the one time I noticed. My understanding is he isn't working there anymore.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
It locks. I don't think you could get in unnoticed, but I supose you could bust it open with a crow bar. It's only plastic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts