Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have a RTL S/R build date 9/05. I was careful to get that build date as the auto unlock all door glitch was supposedly fix by then. I've tried a dozen time and I can not get all doors to unlock, only the drivers door. I've followed the manual and directions posted here to no avail. Is there a trick or step I'm missing? I remember another post when they tried and tried and after many attempts were finally successful. Is it a hit or miss deal? I'm willing to try any suggestions at this point. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
It is possible that the change did not occur on 9/1 and some RLs with a 09/05 build date still do not have that capability. I hope that this isn't the case and you are missing something, but there is that possibility.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Tothfixr,

What is your VIN #? Let's see if yours was before or after ours (build date also of 09/05). We have successfully programmed the door locks. If you want you can PM it to us. We have posted our VIN on here somewhere......you can just let us know if yours is earlier or later than ours.

If needed, hubby is willing to talk you through it over the phone. Or you can drive down here for a vacation to the Smokies and drop by and we will program it for you. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a June 05 Build Date. My doors unlock ok. First I press the unlock button one time, and the driver door unlocks. I next proceed to press the unlock a second time, and the passenger and rear doors unlock.

Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
monkeytx, what's making many crazy is not unlocking all the doors with the key fob, it's from shifting into park. The newer RLs are supposed to have a program override that allows people to reset the default and it involves pushing the key for one to three clicks, so some such silliness. This is what tothfixr is trying to do.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Your right. Sorry about that, i misunderstood the problem. I went out and tried to program the auto unlock, and the passenger door would not unlock. I thought this originally was a rear door child lock issue. Its not.
I could not get it to program to autounlock like the book.

Thanks,
Monkeytx

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
monkeytx said:
Your right. Sorry about that, i misunderstood the problem. I went out and tried to program the auto unlock, and the passenger door would not unlock. I thought this originally was a rear door child lock issue. Its not.
I could not get it to program to autounlock like the book.

Thanks,
Monkeytx
Did you get the updated manual? This tells you that it isn't possible to do the unlock all doors on shutdown or entering park. It appears that any build 9/05 and beyond has the ability to unlock all doors in this situation. By the way this isn't a build day it is a build month, so there is a possibility that 9/05 isn't a magic number but it is instead sometime during the month of September that they updated the unlock feature.

For those of us that itching for this feature, apparently there is a module coming that we will be able to get installed to fix this, I haven't heard any updates on this module lately.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts