Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I’m going with 265/60/18 tires, probably Falken Wild Peak A/T3W. I’ve had them before and they were great. A member here “DruDru”, put 265s on his ridgeline and indicated he had no rubbing issues.

I’ve seen some back and forth regarding the proper offset for aftermarket wheels (I’m looking at 18x8), but I can’t remember if larger tires were a consideration as well.

I was considering an offset between 40 to 46. Do you think that set-up will work, or do see issues? Not sure an offset under 40 will work.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Good luck with those 265/60's (that's sincere, not snark). Ya might want to get your tire guy to agree to exchange or refund if they rub. Stock offset is indeed 55, and you will want hub-centric rings to match the RL's center bore for any aftermarket wheels. Otherwise, you may have all kinds of headaches trying to balance and align the front end. Upsizing tires for the G2 is also a real challenge in those very tight front wheel wells. I'm just passing along what has been posted in several other threads (scan for bigger tires, wheels, first year in my RL, etc.)

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Do the 46. I do believe it is 55 stock on the new ridge.
agreed !

45-46 perfect...

Start here and compared stock vs 265/60/18
shows 0.8" wider...which means we should at least -0.4"
https://tiresize.com/calculator/

0.4" -->> 10.16mm

stock 55mm - 10.16mm would let you hover around the suggested number.

~~~

I'm actually going lower/wider :p

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/138-second-generation-2017/137394-ridgeline-gen2-picture-thread-29.html#post2132434

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Trying to fit any wheel tire combo on any year RL sucks lifted or not. Thats why I look forward to you pigs posts and your out come, if you ever come back and tell the truth. Home work, Home work, Home work, Hint its better to get a rounded tire vs more squared off or deal with some rub for that size. I dont want ANY rub no matter what. Im lifted on an "06" running the same width as stock but 1" taller, Mich. 245 70 17 LTX AT2 there discontinued now, I liked them so much I had Discount Tire find me a set a few months back. Bottom line it can be a very costly mistake.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the responses. It's tough to find wheels I like with an offset of 45-46. :(

I may just purchase the 265/60/18 tires and keep the stock wheels...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
This is what I plan to do. I'm a little torn though, also considering 255/65/18.
Are you concerned the 255/65/18 tires may look a little stuffed in the wheel well? I believe they're approximately 2" taller.

The 265/60/18 tires seems like a good compromise at 1" taller.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Any of you guys drive the old RL with 17s vs 18s now. Whats your thoughts on that bigger wheel. Im sure it handles and steers better any thing else.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Trying to fit any wheel tire combo on any year RL sucks lifted or not. Thats why I look forward to you pigs posts and your out come, if you ever come back and tell the truth. Home work, Home work, Home work, Hint its better to get a rounded tire vs more squared off or deal with some rub for that size. I dont want ANY rub no matter what. Im lifted on an "06" running the same width as stock but 1" taller, Mich. 245 70 17 LTX AT2 there discontinued now, I liked them so much I had Discount Tire find me a set a few months back. Bottom line it can be a very costly mistake.
Your difference is 0.9" (diameter)

split that in 2 -->> final raised height of 0.45" ;)

https://tiresize.com/calculator/

·
Registered
328 Posts
Are you concerned the 255/65/18 tires may look a little stuffed in the wheel well? I believe they're approximately 2" taller.

The 265/60/18 tires seems like a good compromise at 1" taller.
Here's a picture of someone who went with 255/65/18's already. It does look a little "plump". He said there are no issues, he went with the same tire as OEM, the Firestone Destination.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/138-second-generation-2017/137394-ridgeline-gen2-picture-thread-27.html#post2113386

I'm still undecided, I like that the 255's are not as wide as the 265's, though they do throw off the speedo a little more.

I need to see more pictures of larger tires from current owners!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I wasnt talkin about how much the tire lifted my truck, I said the tire was 1" taller then stock or .09" what ever, Im well aware the height diff is going to be half that, Ive been doing this along time. :smile:
I'm always about throwing the info out there...it benefits those that takes time to read up and research ;)

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
I specifically asked my dealer about the wheel offset a couple of weeks ago and they said that the factory wheel had a +55 offset, but that whatever he was looking at said that the acceptable offset range for replacement wheels was from +35 to +55.

Also Q Tech has put quite a few miles on his 18x8 Black Rhinos with a +35 offset, and after installing the hub centric rings appears to not be having a problem any longer. Link to the lengthy thread below, it's worth a read.

Matte Gun Metal
18×8, 5×120, 35mm

1 - 17 of 17 Posts