Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend, was very exciting for me. The weather was perfect in NE. I had my front windows tinted yesterday, and today I installed the dash kit!! Wow what a big difference! I feel like I am piloting a jumbo jet in flight!!! Nice sensation! Then I installed the 24K Gold Emblem Kit!!! WHAT A BEAUT! I rearranged the emblems on the tailgate, with Ridgeline on the top left just below the ridge of the tailgate, and 4wd and Honda on the upper right. BTW, If anyone is to do this kit, give me a buzz, I have a tip in removing the existing emblem. Also, while replacing the front emblem, I also installed a diamond extrusion, painted black behind the grill, thereby closing off all the exposed openings!! Great looking truck now!! will post pictures this week. :D

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I want photos now! You're going to make us wait? It sounds sharp. I'll keep my eye out for when you can give us the photos.

BTW, has anyone seen a silver glitter Ridgeline Extreme sticker? The tricked out RL our dealer has on the showroom floor has one on the side fender and we really like it. I haven't seen it elsewhere and we haven't asked when we're over there. Less reason to hang out there now that we have our own truck to dote on.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Please post pics. I don't think I have ever seen the gold emblems on a Ridgeline. I have a gold plate machine and was debating on doing them.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Tex's Ridge said:
This weekend, was very exciting for me. The weather was perfect in NE. I had my front windows tinted yesterday, and today I installed the dash kit!! Wow what a big difference! I feel like I am piloting a jumbo jet in flight!!! Nice sensation! Then I installed the 24K Gold Emblem Kit!!! WHAT A BEAUT! I rearranged the emblems on the tailgate, with Ridgeline on the top left just below the ridge of the tailgate, and 4wd and Honda on the upper right. BTW, If anyone is to do this kit, give me a buzz, I have a tip in removing the existing emblem. Also, while replacing the front emblem, I also installed a diamond extrusion, painted black behind the grill, thereby closing off all the exposed openings!! Great looking truck now!! will post pictures this week. :D
Tex: Dealer is giving me the gold emblem kit (unistalled) next week to make up for some problems in the purchase. Any install tips would be greatly appreciated. Will look forward to the pics, on your placement, too.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RidgeMe said:
Tex: Dealer is giving me the gold emblem kit (unistalled) next week to make up for some problems in the purchase. Any install tips would be greatly appreciated. Will look forward to the pics, on your placement, too.
Good for you! Thats at least a hundred dollar value. Ok, it'll tell you to remove the old emblems in the back with a kite string, but you may want to use something strong and thin. (steveberger recommended fishing line). I used a thin flat nylon string. The instruction says to clean any residue with alcohol. DON'T DO THAT YET! If there's ;) heavy thick residue, peel them off first by rolling the residue over itself with your thumb. It comes right off. Then wipe with alcohol! The front emblem is more time consuming because you have to remove the front bumper and the front grill. The instruction is good on this. It just did not mention that the edges comes off and on with snaps. Right below the headlights is a flimsy part of the bumper snap. Make sure that these are lining up to the body snap.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Marcus said:
I also have both gold emblems and the dash kit installed. Love both!
Here are some pics.

Marcus,
The both mods look great!! :) Out of curiosity, is the dash kit just overlayed on the existing dash or do you have to take apart the dash to install the kit?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Tex's Ridge said:
Ok, it'll tell you to remove the old emblems in the back with a kite string, but you may want to use something strong and thin. (steveberger recommended fishing line). I used a thin flat nylon string.
I used 17# monofiliment fishing line. Taking off the old emblems was like "cuttin through butta". Thanks for everyones tips, this is what makes the forum great. The rear was a piece of cake, next week I will tackle the front one. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts