Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Golfbags in trunk? Nope

11K views 46 replies 40 participants last post by  dhoov19 
#1 ·
Was pretty dissappointed that my golfbag in the trunk just wasn't going to work. I've got probably a medium sized bag and normal clubs but upon putting it in the trunk the longer clubs would barely squeeze in so the rest of the weight of the bag was resting on them which is not good. The only way to get it in safely would be to remove the longer clubs...not cool!

And even if you did that there is NO WAY that 3 bags will fit in it unless thier little kid bags. My 1 and only dissapointment so far. :(

#3 ·
Yeah, Honda and everyone else needs to quit advertising that three sets of clubs fit in the trunk. NO WAY! Maybe if the clubs were in a Sunday shag bags, but not regular size bags. I to have to take my driver out of the bag in order to get it into the trunk.

Looks like they didn't think of everything..................

#4 ·
I got 3 bags in the trunk once. All 3 were carry bags and all 3 sets of woods removed and laid on top.

Otherwise its a carry bag and a cart bag w/o push-cart.

#6 ·
i guess it all depend on what type of golf bags that can fit in that trunk. Staff & cart bags will probably not fit. Maybe honda probably was thinking that 3 of either Ping, callaway, or Nike carry bag will fit in the trunk space with a full sets. I agree that some drivers & utility wood may not fit inside the bag when placed in the trunk. My nike carry bag with R7 taylor driver and Nike blades doens't fit in my E55 MB, i have to pull the driver out the bag to have the golf bag fit inside the trunk without the whole weight of the bag rest on the driver shaft.

#7 ·
2 sets of carry bags fit in my trunk..that's including an r5 driver, 3 and 5 wood in one tm bag, and a nike carry bag w/an ignite driver and 3 and 5 wood..tight fit but shoes fit under the bags...

just installed a retrax tonneau..can always put it there w/the cargo net in the bed and close it up!

#9 · (Edited)
Skaught said:
I do know that a 3-year-old will fit in the trunk. But only once. After that she doesn't seem to think the idea is so good.

Scott
That does raise an interesting question/concern, which I may have to find out for myself tomorrow, is there a release from inside the trunk? It seems all too often kids like to crawl into the trunk of vehicles, and not having a release could be dangerous, especially since it is sealed, so if the plug is in there may not be very much air getting in there. I guess this is another good reason to keep the trunk locked as much as possible.

Of course I could have just read this thread started by vertrkr:
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260

#10 ·
Not only is there a release inside, but it is made of a material that glows in the dark so the trapped person can see it to open the lid. Honda thinks of everything.

#11 ·
There's a release and it glows in the dark! I don't play golf so I can't contribute to the bag fit comments but two scuba tanks fit and a whole set of gear too! I also tried the cooler and that fits well although there's still the liftover issue/lower back strain with a cooler full of ice and fish er, I mean pop.

#13 ·
I thought that hole in the floor was a beer holder for tailgate parties. All I've ever used it for is to fill it up with beer and ice when I go to my friend's ranch. We always have parties out there and this "tailgate beer holder" is the biggest hit of all - I never even keep the drain plug in it.

BTW, I've had three cases of beer and eight bags of ice in that thing and still had a little room left before spilling over to the spare tire! So let's get our priorities straight - how much iced down beer you can load is the important thing to know, not how many golf bags you can haul.

#17 ·
Zlash said:
Was pretty dissappointed that my golfbag in the trunk just wasn't going to work. I've got probably a medium sized bag and normal clubs but upon putting it in the trunk the longer clubs would barely squeeze in so the rest of the weight of the bag was resting on them which is not good. The only way to get it in safely would be to remove the longer clubs...not cool!

And even if you did that there is NO WAY that 3 bags will fit in it unless thier little kid bags. My 1 and only dissapointment so far. :(
That was the first thing I tried, when I got the truck last March. My two (2) buddies and my bag and shoes fit, but I did have to take the two Ping drivers out of the bags and lay them caddy-cornered on top the bags. It's really not an imposition now that I've gotten use to it. I like it a lot better than my Ranger extended cab, where they either went in the bed or stuffed behind the front seat.:)

#21 ·
steveberger said:
Not only is there a release inside, but it is made of a material that glows in the dark so the trapped person can see it to open the lid. Honda thinks of everything.
Actually this is actually Federal Law. I don't recall the year the law was passed, but every locking trunk/hatch has to have a glow in the dark release to prevent anyone from being locked inside.

#22 ·
I personally don't play golf, so it's not a concern of mine if they will fit in my trunk or not. ( But, I have a rather expensive alum. folding motorcycle ramp that I was hoping would fit in the trunk. ........You guessed it, nope! Rats! If the trunk were a few measly inches wider.......:(

#23 ·
At least we have a TRUNK in a TRUCK !!! I am very stoked about that fact and yeah I have a cart bag with an R7 and yeah it does fit perfectly, off course that is with after moving it around so the bad boy is not snug against the wall of the trunk. And there is shoes and crap in there as well.
What I don't like is the fact that the bottom of the bag scratches the wall of the trunk.:(

#24 ·
I just don't want to chance my R7 being crush while turning into a street, I take my R7 out and put in on top of the bags. Overall, i can actually fit 3 carry bags without the drivers and placed staggered in the trunk without problems. I just put the drivers on top of the bags so they don't have to worry by crushed or preassured from the shaft. I could only fit one Staff bag from callaway..an Empty Callaway staff bag. so there you go.

#26 ·
I would think you'd want the driver in the left front seat, for an unobstructed view... :D

DatSumbch said:
I have to pull my driver to get the bag in the trunk, no big deal to me, beats keeping them in the bed or back seat like in my old Dakota

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.