Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to check this out tomorrow and wondering if you all think this is a good deal:

Notes:
  • it’s listed a few grand below KBB average
  • missing front left fog lights
  • carfax mentions an accident but doesn’t show where on the vehicle it was so assuming it was minor (will get more details from dealership if available)
  • low miles for the year
  • will definitely be checking undercarriage for any signs of rust
my question for you all is if, in your experience, this is in good deal territory? If not, what price range would be good deal territory for this?

any help would be appreciated as I’m new to Ridgeline’s and still learning but my initial take is (pending any unforeseen issues) it’s a good deal

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
If the wreck can be confirmed as minor and - as you mentioned - it's rust-free and clean, then if I were in the market I'd be all over it.

·
Administrator
14,975 Posts
The inconsistent use is the first red flag.

During its first year, it was driven about 14,000 miles.
During years 2 and 3, it was driven about 11,000 miles per year.
During years 4 and 5, it was driven about 22,000 miles per year.
(Accident here)
During year 6, it was driven about 5,600 miles.
During year 7, it was driven about 2,300 miles in 10 months.

The vehicle was barely driven after the accident. Why?

It's been sitting on the lot for 6 months. Why?

Neither the owner nor others appear to want this vehicle.

In the photos, I see misalignment between the hood, grille, front fenders, front bumper, and rear bumper, white touch-up paint or overspray on the black plastic on the rear bumper, different shades of white on the front fenders and rear bumper, both fog lights are missing, and the right DRL is missing. All this suggests a front and rear collision and cheap or sloppy repair. Personally, I wouldn't touch this thing.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
3,762 Posts
Here is the Carfax report for the truck >> https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/ar20/lfljXU5OfK1RcHYMujq7j3jmHTFo4QL9Ct2EfLlyfAzKPNvMnZujVZuQthxS96R5ra60JxkNpZN7Af6YHlyHd2X2MiWdcWGxAAg

Found it through Autotrader. As far as the accident is considered, you could attempt to call NY DMV and see if you can get guidance on how to get a copy of the accident report (if at all you could).
NY is still one of the states that do strict Emissions and Safety inspections.
If you are in NJ, call Axis and see if you can go and take a look at it in person. Check the underbody and the especially the front subframe and radiator support. Also look at the rear hitch section and composite bed. Also, check the windshield to see if it is OEM. I do not see the NY or NJ emissions inspection stickers. NY is annual and NJ is once every two years.
I suspect it was hit in the front. If you go in, take your own OBD2 scanner, hook it up and see if everything checks out.

If everything checks out mechanically, structurally and electronically, I would walk in and offer them $10K in cash, contingent of passing NJ inspection (if your OBD scan and quick test drive does not raise any red flags). You can tell them that since 2014 there are no service records, it being in a collision, missing DR side running light and not having an active inspection sticker, you are giving them that price.

@zroger73 , it could have been that while the vehicle was being repaired, the owner may have gotten another vehicle, or additional vehicle and used it as a primary vehicle. My car fax would show me driving 35K+ in some years, while some were in the 26K+ and as of 2018, it may show me driving 12K the most.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I noticed from the photos that rear passenger side tail light is broken too. Odd they would not have replaced this.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
3,762 Posts
I noticed from the photos that rear passenger side tail light is broken too. Odd they would not have replaced this.
I think if you are really interested in it, physically inspect it. There seems to be a lot of dirt under the door & tailgate handles as well. Some pictures look like it was taken off a computer screen (weird horizontal lines) and poor image quality. The passenger side front fender, where it meets the bumper looks questionable too. Add the crystal clear headlamp assemblies, you could imagine that the front bumper & grill are probably new and resprayed.
There are quite a few bodyshops in Jersey City and we used a couple when my previous company had accounts in JC. They do superficial and cheap repairs that are good for like a year or so and those that a typical customer wont not care to look beyond. Count your beans on this one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts