Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,073 Posts
The "engine compression check" and "reset computer module" thing would scare me. That means there was some sort of a problem with it that caused the previous owner to take it in and get it checked. The issue could have been solved and never reappeared or it could have been something that the owner just got used to. Nonetheless, there is documentation of oil changes, but absolutely no indication whether the truck has had its timing belt changed (pretty overdue if not) or if the transmission fluid, rear diff VTM-4 fluid, brake fluid, etc. have ever been changed. These trucks like fresh fluids and if they've never been changed, it's been neglected. Also, because it's a truck that's spent its whole life in the northeast, the transmission fluid transfer fittings on the bottom of the radiator are likely corroded. If the radiator is original, expect to need to change that pretty soon. I have an 07 RTL with 145k miles. I've maintained it religiously. If I could get $15k out of it, I'd sell it today. That truck isn't worth any more than $13k as it sits.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
The "engine compression check" and "reset computer module" thing would scare me. That means there was some sort of a problem with it that caused the previous owner to take it in and get it checked. The issue could have been solved and never reappeared or it could have been something that the owner just got used to. Nonetheless, there is documentation of oil changes, but absolutely no indication whether the truck has had its timing belt changed (pretty overdue if not) or if the transmission fluid, rear diff VTM-4 fluid, brake fluid, etc. have ever been changed. These trucks like fresh fluids and if they've never been changed, it's been neglected. Also, because it's a truck that's spent its whole life in the northeast, the transmission fluid transfer fittings on the bottom of the radiator are likely corroded. If the radiator is original, expect to need to change that pretty soon. I have an 07 RTL with 145k miles. I've maintained it religiously. If I could get $15k out of it, I'd sell it today. That truck isn't worth any more than $13k as it sits.
Actually the Timing belt etc. was done around 91K, I missed it the first go thru as well:

4/23/2012 91,685 Lundgren Honda
Auburn, MA
508-832-6200
lundgrenhonda.com Engine compression checked
Engine/powertrain computer/module reprogrammed
Oil and filter changed
Water pump replaced
Timing belt replaced
Antifreeze/coolant flushed/changed
Drive belt(s) replaced

The Carfax is kinda light on services for the first owner, and I agree with the above poster that the documentation is light on other fluid changes besides oil. If purchased I'd suggest a complete fluid change so you have a baseline on the VTM4, Brake, AT, Windshield washer :)act006:) fluids etc. I was curious about the compression check as well, but what ever the issue was that must not have been an issue. I'm also curious why they just dial two-wheel alignment? It thought the standard was 4-wheel anymore. Otherwise looks like a pretty solid, nice RL. Good Luck.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,073 Posts
Actually the Timing belt etc. was done around 91K, I missed it the first go thru as well:

Auburn, MA
508-832-6200
Oil and filter changed
Water pump replaced
Timing belt replaced
Drive belt(s) replaced

The Carfax is kinda light on services for the first owner, and I agree with the above poster that the documentation is light on other fluid changes besides oil. If purchased I'd suggest a complete fluid change so you have a baseline on the VTM4, Brake, AT, Windshield washer :)act006:) fluids etc. I was curious about the compression check as well, but what ever the issue was that must not have been an issue. I'm also curious why they just dial two-wheel alignment? It thought the standard was 4-wheel anymore. Otherwise looks like a pretty solid, nice RL. Good Luck.
Yep. Definitely missed it. In that case, it seems to be pretty solid. I still think $15k is really strong for it. $13,000-13,500 seems fair. As was mentioned, you'll want to change all the fluids that you can find no proof if they've been changed in the past.

·
Registered
57 Posts

Auburn, MA
508-832-6200
Oil and filter changed
Water pump replaced
Timing belt replaced
Drive belt(s) replaced

Good advice!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts