Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, we finally got some snow in Sierra mountains and I am going to visit my parents in Truckee for the weekend. I was wondering if anyone know good off road trails to hit that the Ridgeline can handle(snow or no snow)? My setup is stock other than I just upgraded my tires to 255/60/18 AT2.
Hopefully this thread will come a good resource for other people to find good trails out there in Northern California.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I used to live in Hayward, from there, there are some local trail that are great, but not to familiar with that are. But Id bet there are plenty that the Ridge can take on

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, I am not looking for anything hardcore like the Rubicon Trail. I am looking for something locally here in the bay area and in Truckee/Lake Tahoe area also. I just never really done this before other than just driving in snow on the HWY 80 to Lake Tahoe and driving some residential roads out there... all in a 1992 Honda Civic hatchback. lol. ****, one time I drove into a blizzard my cables flew off on HWY 80! I drove from that little pond(the one you can see off of the HWY) all the way to Donner just on some skinny tires, in the middle of the night, and my heater wasn't working at that time. I had my ex-gf keep whipping down the windows while I drove. Made it though, cruising like 25-35mph the whole way.
Anyways, I have never really explored any OHV or firetrails around here and I only have one friend out of the bunch that has 4WD, but it's a crosstour(I call it the Crossgender)... I don't know really where to start and don't want to look like a dumb ass going to random trails that ends up being to hardcore and I have to turn around.
I started by buying this book though.

Thinking about going out to Hollister with a Co-worker, but they are pretty hardcore out there...

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Make sure you go with someone when you go. It's always nice to have help right there if you get stuck or break down.

You could just go to one of the OHV Parks & ask to join with someone there. Just tell them you are new to off roading & don't want to explore alone. Someone there will be willing to let you go with them.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya, I got the book and it's really informative about the trails. I like it a lot. I did go on a OHV road in Stempede Reservoir near Truckee. It was fun. I took the short route because I was by myself. Still waiting to get a full size spare tire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts