Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased All new KYB struts front and back at a reasonable price. Just thought i would share. Don't know if this has been posted yet. Sorry if so.

Paid $274.55 shipped through kyboutlet.com with 5% discount and .99 cent shipping. Discount code i used was GOOG5

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Not too bad for a rookie...;act028:

I paid $238 with free shipping thru Amazon...:act035:

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Doesn't KYB make more than on model of shock for the RL? If so, it would be helpful to indicate which you got. Thx...

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Not too bad for a rookie...;act028:

I paid $238 with free shipping thru Amazon...:act035:
You snagged a great deal for that price on Amazon.... as Beatle said, that price seems to be gone on Amazon.

Doesn't KYB make more than on model of shock for the RL? If so, it would be helpful to indicate which you got. Thx...
They're $346 on Amazon.

KYB makes a front and a rear shock. Does that count as different? :)
They are $346 if you buy the "set of 4", but they are only $326 if you buy them individually..... go figure; Amazon screwed up that one.

I see now that they only make one type for our RL..... others are for passenger cars only I guess.

ALSO.... if you aren't already aware, there is a $40 rebate from KYB when you buy all four shocks (together on a single invoice)... just send in UPC & they send you $40 back. So that makes these prices even better! (Doesn't matter where you buy... and if you buy them installed, send your service receipt instead of UPC)

What I found with a quick check is that best price I could find was $285 with free shipping from KYB outlet* (99cents shipping... essentially free); that would be $245 after rebate. Lots of places have them for $300 or less.
I think Epiphany got the killer deal... especially if he adds the rebate to that deal (hope he didn't jetison the boxes yet)... that will put him at $198 net! ! (hope he didn't order just one rear shock, lol)

* http://www.kyboutlet.com/parts-for/?find=2008-honda-ridgeline-142284&limit=18

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't forget to put in coupon code. Its only 5% off but every little bit helps. I saw the $40 rebate so it gets even better. As long as its a smooth process. Dealt with rebates before and some manufactures are eazy-peazy whereas some ask you to jump through all kinds of hoops.

So for as of now its a good deal and I'm happy to share.:act030:

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
When did you purchase? I couldn't find that price on amazon either.
When I responded to your OP, I didn't realize how much KYB prices jumped. I bought them in late 2013 and posted my triumph on the ROC.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I responded to your OP, I didn't realize how much KYB prices jumped. I bought them in late 2013 and posted my triumph on the ROC.
Well you got a great deal. I guess the price now is a good one at this time. Anything under $300 should be a good deal. Did you replace anything else at that time? Such as top mounts or bumpstops?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts