Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Gary Flint, chief engineer for the Honda Ridgeline, will be attending.

2. Gary is bringing some toys - the white cut body of the truck and the sweet SEMA street Ridgeline. And there might be even more!

3. We are also coordinating a clinic of sorts at Huey's Honda in St. Louis. More details to follow.

So once again gang...Gary and Honda are going all out to help make this event a good one. Our current poll has only nine firm commitments for attendees. If you plan to attend, please indicate that on our poll. It makes planning this event much easier for everyone involved.

We have more exciting information coming soon about the meet, but we finally have the green light to announce this so I wanted everyone to know about it. We hope to see you in St. Louis in August!!

·
Premium Member
17,037 Posts
I am so glad that I'll be there!
"Hello Mr. Gary, come see what my vision has done to your vision." :D

·
Administrator
7,334 Posts
This is an exceptional opportunity for Ridgeline owners. Other than narrow focus groups vehicle owners seldom have access to an engineer... much less the chief engineer.

Gary must apprecate the input or he wouldn't bother to get involved. This is our opportunity to provide our input. One of your ideas might just make it into the next Ridgeline.

I look forward to attending!

·
Registered
285 Posts
OI! This would be awesome! Too bad my wife is due a few days before so there is no way I cna make it. I would love an opportunity to speak with the designer of this truck. I mean talk about being able to shape a future design by bending an ear.

**Is now officially angry**

·
Premium Member
17,037 Posts
OI! This would be awesome! Too bad my wife is due a few days before so there is no way I cna make it. I would love an opportunity to speak with the designer of this truck. I mean talk about being able to shape a future design by bending an ear.

**Is now officially angry**
I'll make sure to get a few photos of me with the man for ya! :cool:

... hehehe... I know I can convince Gary that future Ridges need more chrome. :eek::)

·
Registered
285 Posts
**shakes fist**

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Last years National Meet the wife was hesitant to go.... 1st meet.... She had such a blast that she's ready to go to any meet now!!! We have a great bunch on the ROC here that are a ton of fun to meet in person. Great time to put faces to names.

After last years National meet so many people were pissed they did not go...
Don't miss out this years!!!

The presentation put on by Gary Flint last year was just awesome.... and to ask him questions in person was priceless.

Some quotes from last year....

25 Year Honda Owner - Great pics, looks like a great time was had by all. Now is am p!ssed off because we did not go!!
Lingered_I - Did he (Gary Flint) chastize any one for having aftermarket rims, or lifts, or other such mods, and did anyone mention the trip computer, or did he for that matter?
Everyone will have a chance to address all the unanswered questions on their RL. And a bonus of getting your owners manual signed in person!!

djeaux -Thanks, ev'rybody, for posting the photos & details. Seein' that panoramic line-up at Ridgeln's barn is just too much! And to have Gary Flint on hand as well!
zero -I am definitely going to have to attend next year's event. Hopefully Gary Flint will be there again as I would like to meet him in person.
Hez - That is amazing information about the tires/crumple zone/tow hook configuration. What an amazing opportunity to meet with Gary.
He must have been flattered, too, to meet with such an enthusiastic group that so whole-heartedly supports his "creation".
rfs830 - Nice post. it was nice that you all got to meet Gary Flint. I also like the pics as it the first time I was able to see all real world colors and am able to pick whick color I want for mine.
Maybe I will come up next year as I only live in KY.
Webwader - Now I REALLY wish I could have made it!!
meanmachine19 - Wow, simply amazing! What a thrill it had to be to meet Gary Flint! The pics and stories are great and look forward to more!!

So where's next year's meet??
Saint Louis !!! :)

iROC - I imagine he is busy reading this forum . What a wealth of information for an engineer...getting real world results from a cross-section of the population, living all over the country, representing a variety of demographics and driving conditions.

We are the people he built the truck for. I would think he would be very interested in what we had to say. We are, in a way, his beta testers. It will be interesting to see how the Ridgeline evolves over the next few years...and whether or not the feedback on this forum will have anything to do with those changes.

We are very cheap market research...and that's not a bad thing.
drlmel - I wish I had found this place sooner, so I could have made plans to go to the event. I will try it next year!

Don't be one viewing all the great pics after the meet then wishing you would have gone!!! :eek: :D

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
05-17-2007, 08:22 PM
T Mac
Site Admin, ROC Founder Join Date: Dec 2004

Re: Countdown to St. Louis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, we worked out details for Saturday of the meet with Huey's Honda (dealership near our hotel). Let's just say...this is going to be great. Picture this... ROC member trucks lined up in the front of their lot. Food. Drinks. A service clinic in the service bays. The black SEMA street Ridgeline and the white body shell in the showroom and we are even trying to bring in more good stuff.

I'll explain more details about the service clinic soon - especially to those of you who are coming because you'll be able to make an appointment starting in early June.

Even more reasons to join us in August...if you haven't responded to the poll, please do so now. It helps a lot with planning.

Thanks!!

:)

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Well, crap, looks like we can't avoid it. We'll show up for one day, due to prior commitments and vacations already "in progress." Count me in.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Well, crap, looks like we can't avoid it. We'll show up for one day, due to prior commitments and vacations already "in progress." Count me in.
Good show! Look forward to meeting another Jayhawker there. Speaking of tornadoes, we had an "unofficial" one here in metro NY last week and a tree fell on my RL. Go figure, 22 years living in the heart of tornado alley (Wichita) with nary a scratch and I get nailed in the northeast! :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Good show! Look forward to meeting another Jayhawker there. Speaking of tornadoes, we had an "unofficial" one here in metro NY last week and a tree fell on my RL. Go figure, 22 years living in the heart of tornado alley (Wichita) with nary a scratch and I get nailed in the northeast! :eek:
Man o man! That's just ridiculous. Wichita is the Heart of the Alley!
Hope the repairs go well and see ya there. :)

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
We made our reservations yesterday. Wife and I decided this one is not to be missed.
Will combine the Nat. Meet with visits to family in AR and IL.:D :D :D

·
Registered
7,369 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Now I do not drive a ridgeline yet but plan to in dec and I still am a honda fan and have my accord. Im thinking about making this trip as its not to far away for me. Only a 5 hr drive. Just have to see how work will pan out. I would love to meet Gary and to let him know that even at 23 I have been a honda fan all my life and that I have even made my parents honda fans. My love of honda started when I first saw a 89 accord (I was 8 at the time) and fell in love with the car. It been all down hill after that (in a good way).

I would love to meet everyone that is on this site also.

·
Registered
407 Posts
someone come drive my rl up there and i will ride, lol i wish i could attend this meet, sounds like fun

madi05

·
Registered
171 Posts
Well it looks like Im going to go after all. I’m going to get my room tomorrow and then make the drive up on Thursday night to see everyone on Friday. I won’t have my ridgeline yet but that’s ok. I can drool over all the ridgelines there. Anyone from KY going to be going up let me know. Maybe we all can follow each other.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts