Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the Goodwin Racing exhaust installed, and an AEM intake installed as well. I also have the Halferland 1.4# crank pulley and a sprint-boost throttle device installed, I'm happy with the combination.

Dane

·
Registered
3 Posts
[/QUOTE]
Had a set of Goodwins installed about 3 weeks ago. Doesn’t sound like Harrison Fords 55 black Chevy 210 with the 454 and dual Holleys (American Graffiti) but I’m pleased with the sound and it passed the WAF on a road trip. Not sure why you guys want an audio drive by. I’m more interested in what I hear while in the cab and it sounds good. The Ridgeline isn’t exactly a truck built to impress others. If you want a throwback sound for your RL for you to enjoy, get the Goodwins.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone own or have heard this exhaust first hand? It seems like the best option so far for sound and quality. The video they have is super short from start up but Actually has a growl to it.
View attachment 420886 View attachment 420886
Anyone own or have heard this exhaust first hand? It seems like the best option so far for sound and quality. The video they have is super short from start up but Actually has a growl to it.
View attachment 420886 View attachment 420886
I have the

·
Registered
2020 Honda Ridgeline
16 Posts
Search on here for threads Brian from Goodwin has started. I agree with DTHughes, if I were going aftermarket, I think I would go with Goodwin as well.
Curious, what kind of wheels do you have on your Ridgeline? I'm looking to change mine on my BE.

·
Registered
619 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Just installed this system a couple days ago. Here are my thoughts and impressions. My truck has had a custom Magnaflow single exhaust from the 3rd day I owned it (Sept. ‘16) and the AEM intake whenever those became available. In that configuration, I would rate the sound a 4 or 5 out of 10 (the factory setup was literally zero except under full throttle).

I absolutely love the look but there are several issues I ran into. Also, be aware this is a fairly heavy system. I didn’t weigh my original factory system but my aftermarket system with one muffler was only 20 lbs. This system is over 50 and I’m using the straight pipe. I will say it’s well built and the tubing is thick walled.

Install was fairly straightforward but I definitely think you’ll need a lift or ramps to keep from killing yourself. I have the Quick Jack which lifts about 24”.

I couldn’t get a torque wrench on the top bolt where the main muffler mates to the cat. Had to use an open end wrench, other two bolts were fine.

I have front and rear skid plates. The left exhaust hits the rear slid plate. I ended up cutting about 2” off the front of the plate (just left about 1” on the right corner where it bolts to the truck). See 2nd pic.

After two days of driving, both tips had dropped down 1-2” below the bumper. I went back and tightened the bolt clamps but ended up snapping one of them with my impact wrench. Even with the clamps as tight as I could get them, both tips wanted to rotate down with minimal force. I ended up buying muffler hangers and clamps and fabricating my own supports using the most rearward bumper bolt. Now they’re solid as a rock.

Sound is maybe a 3 to 4 now, definitely a little quieter than my previous setup. Hopefully it breaks in a little, I like to hear what I’m driving. I definitely don’t think you need to use the second muffler. Hope this helps some of you.

And I didn’t need the removal tool (had to use my big rubber mallet on some of them for the install part but all the rubber hangers slipped off by hand after I sprayed soapy water on them).

Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Automotive tire Grille

Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Just installed this system a couple days ago. Here are my thoughts and impressions. My truck has had a custom Magnaflow single exhaust from the 3rd day I owned it (Sept. ‘16) and the AEM intake whenever those became available. In that configuration, I would rate the sound a 4 or 5 out of 10 (the factory setup was literally zero except under full throttle).

I absolutely love the look but there are several issues I ran into. Also, be aware this is a fairly heavy system. I didn’t weigh my original factory system but my aftermarket system with one muffler was only 20 lbs. This system is over 50 and I’m using the straight pipe. I will say it’s well built and the tubing is thick walled.

Install was fairly straightforward but I definitely think you’ll need a lift or ramps to keep from killing yourself. I have the Quick Jack which lifts about 24”.

I couldn’t get a torque wrench on the top bolt where the main muffler mates to the cat. Had to use an open end wrench, other two bolts were fine.

I have front and rear skid plates. The left exhaust hits the rear slid plate. I ended up cutting about 2” off the front of the plate (just left about 1” on the right corner where it bolts to the truck). See 2nd pic.

After two days of driving, both tips had dropped down 1-2” below the bumper. I went back and tightened the bolt clamps but ended up snapping one of them with my impact wrench. Even with the clamps as tight as I could get them, both tips wanted to rotate down with minimal force. I ended up buying muffler hangers and clamps and fabricating my own supports using the most rearward bumper bolt. Now they’re solid as a rock.

Sound is maybe a 3 to 4 now, definitely a little quieter than my previous setup. Hopefully it breaks in a little, I like to hear what I’m driving. I definitely don’t think you need to use the second muffler. Hope this helps some of you.

And I didn’t need the removal tool (had to use my big rubber mallet on some of them for the install part but all the rubber hangers slipped off by hand after I sprayed soapy water on them).

View attachment 421323
View attachment 421319
View attachment 421320
This looks pretty good man, i really appreciate your feedback it helps A LOT so would you say your old set up sounded better or more throaty or this one? I once had a cherry bomb on my V6 4Runner and it sounded great not even close to some of these RL’s sounding like Honda civics that’s what i don’t understand. Why is it so hard to make this RL V6 sound good?!?

·
Registered
335 Posts
This looks pretty good man, i really appreciate your feedback it helps A LOT so would you say your old set up sounded better or more throaty or this one? I once had a cherry bomb on my V6 4Runner and it sounded great not even close to some of these RL’s sounding like Honda civics that’s what i don’t understand. Why is it so hard to make this RL V6 sound good?!?
Yes, my single exhaust sounded deeper (I asked the muffler shop to install their loudest Magnaflow muffler). This exhaust is maybe 60-70% as loud as my old one so it’s definitely not obnoxious in case someone is worried. I’m not even using the second muffler. This exhaust probably helps with breathing since it’s bigger diameter than my old one but it’s definitely mostly about looks. Here’s the original exhaust I installed.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts