Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Our Brakes Engineer Ryan Passey does test fit of the new 6 pistons calipers!

Only one caliper showed up, the other is on backorder so test fitting was the most we could do today. Bummer, was planning to have these on the Ridgeline for 1000+ mile road trip next week.

Waiting on results, but you gotta make more brackets. You got a sold set right here.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Exhaust Configuration 23, which is radically different than where we started, literally everything has changed a few times from main muffler to helmholtz. Our Team Principal Ryan Passey welding up the latest layout today. Love it.

Most companies just weld up stuff that fits and call it a day, we like to really experiment with the configuration until we really dial in exactly what we want. Final test this week is a road trip! Over 1000 miles to do this week on the new tires, new wheels, new springs, and with the new exhaust. Wife and dog in the Ridgeline and Wednesday morning we will do over 500 miles before lunch!

265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
And finally....LOWERED 2 inches front and rear with the springs from Jason! Had more fun on freeway ramps testing the full combo of new springs and wheels and tires than anyone should have in a truck. Ultimately rear springs could use a bit more rate for the Racer in me but the difference from stock is night and day...yet ride seems no worse, very happy with results so far. I get why these are popular, good balance between ride and performance....and it looks so much better to my eyes too!

·
Registered
866 Posts
And finally....LOWERED 2 inches front and rear with the springs from Jason! Had more fun on freeway ramps testing the full combo of new springs and wheels and tires than anyone should have in a truck. Ultimately rear springs could use a bit more rate for the Racer in me but the difference from stock is night and day...yet ride seems no worse, very happy with results so far. I get why these are popular, good balance between ride and performance....and it looks so much better to my eyes too!

This is bad ass.

Did someone say supercharger?? LOL! :)

·
Registered
'17 RTL-E Rear-door mod, LED fogs, stock bed cover, LED back up lights.
176 Posts
Will the brakes setup be able to take the stock wheels in a Honda Ridgeline G2?

265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Will the brakes setup be able to take the stock wheels in a Honda Ridgeline G2?
That was the original goal, but stock wheel just doesn't have clearance for even the narrowest choice opposed piston caliper we looked at...which is the one we are using. So, in the end I now expect stock wheel would need a thin spacer, how much I don't yet know.

265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Would be willing to cut a bit of the back bumper to tuck in the dual exhaust a bit. Any spots underneath there to pull up the tailpipes a bit if someone wanted to in the future?
We are not going to make an exhaust that requires cutting bumpers, which dooms any such final product to a very small niche of customers willing to do that. If you look under the stock 2017-2020 bumper there is already a nice little cutout in the bottom of each side that we used for alignment of the setup.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just out of curiosity, how come you chose the 8.5" wheel width, instead of the 9" width? For the life of me I can't find a scale reading on the 9" but see Enkei advertises the 8.5"....Safe to assume the weight savings were the driving factor in choosing the 8.5" wheel?

Cheers.

265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Just out of curiosity, how come you chose the 8.5" wheel width, instead of the 9" width? For the life of me I can't find a scale reading on the 9" but see Enkei advertises the 8.5"....Safe to assume the weight savings were the driving factor in choosing the 8.5" wheel?

Cheers.
In that Enkei XM-6 in 20 inch diameter the choice is 20x8.5 or jumping to 20x9.5, there is no 9 inch wide. Though the same 255mm tire we used could spread on 9.5 wide, result would ride rather harsh, with a high risk of curb rash. We do fitments of 255mm tires on 9.5 and 10 inch wide wheels for our sports cars for racing, but this a daily driver truck and I don't want to worry that my wife will curb rash the wheels every time she drives it, and I don't need it to ride like a brick.

·
Registered
70 Posts
In that Enkei XM-6 in 20 inch diameter the choice is 20x8.5 or jumping to 20x9.5, there is no 9 inch wide. Though the same 255mm tire we used could spread on 9.5 wide, result would ride rather harsh, with a high risk of curb rash. We do fitments of 255mm tires on 9.5 and 10 inch wide wheels for our sports cars for racing, but this a daily driver truck and I don't want to worry that my wife will curb rash the wheels every time she drives it, and I don't need it to ride like a brick.
Thanks for the reply. I knew about the 9.5" width, but for whatever reason, came out as 9". Gah. Heh. One last question, visually, does the 8.5" wheel sit flush with the top of the fender, or does it still sit inboard a bit from the top edge.

I'd like the look of a more "flush" appearance, but not sure if I'd really need to go that extra width, or if the 8.5" wheel fills that void.

Thanks again.

265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 · (Edited)
Thanks for the reply. I knew about the 9.5" width, but for whatever reason, came out as 9". Gah. Heh. One last question, visually, does the 8.5" wheel sit flush with the top of the fender, or does it still sit inboard a bit from the top edge.

I'd like the look of a more "flush" appearance, but not sure if I'd really need to go that extra width, or if the 8.5" wheel fills that void.

Thanks again.
I didn't see your last post until now but it sits as flush as I want it, going much more out would result in a constant spray of road debris that eventually removes a lot paint from the side of the truck and I have no interest in doing that so we are far enough out to give a much more aggressive stance while still letting the mud guards and plastic fender lip extensions do their protective job of the paint. See the many pics posted so far in our online store listing for those wheels....AND the listing for our Springs where there are a bunch more pics like this one:

21 - 40 of 49 Posts