Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my Ridge yesterday from Honda Superstore of Joliet, and its great. Lou and Kim were easy to deal with and got back to me promptly on questions and things. It was pretty painless at the dealership, Andrew was also helpful, and professional. I would surely recommend to anyone looking to get a Ridge before Aug 31st and lives within a 1/2 day drive or so from them to go pick one up. They also gave me a fair price on my trade as well.

The truck is so smooth, I love everything about it. Oh I also found out (maybe everyone else knows already, apology if they do) that only the drivers side door is supposed to unlock when you stop and put it in park. It was a misprint in the owners manual that you could make all doors unlock when you stop.

Again I love the truck and am glad I got the RT model, its got plenty of features for me, and the 100 watt sound system actually sounds really good. So the only thing I really miss having is steering wheel mounted audio controls. The ride, handling, turning, and engine are so smooth in this thing. I don't regret spending the money one bit. I'll post some picks when I get time in the next couple of days.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Congrats Bob79. I'm Happy for you. Know youre gonna enjoy your RL. Send us some shots soon and your driving experiences.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I second the color inquiry. It's a complete oversight for you to omit that! It would be like announcing a birth and not saying if it's a girl or a boy.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Bob79 said:
Oh I also found out (maybe everyone else knows already, apology if they do) that only the drivers side door is supposed to unlock when you stop and put it in park. It was a misprint in the owners manual that you could make all doors unlock when you stop.
Congrats, Bob79! Actually, the default setting for the unlock behavior is as you state it above; however, the owner's manual indicates that you should be able to change the unlock feature to two other states (one when you put it in Park, the other when you turn off the vehicle). I wouldn't really call that a "mis-print" -- it doesn't work because the programming steps don't work, not because you're not supposed to be able to do it. As a computer programmer, I know the difference between a bug and a feature -- *this* is a bug! :)

The only way around it that I think anyone has found so far is to turn off the auto-locking feature; then you don't have to worry about the auto-unlocking feature not working as expected.

Have fun with your new toy!

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Congrats Bob on your new RL! I know you will enjoy it very, very much!!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hey Bob79,

I must completely retract my earlier statement -- I was 100% WRONG!

After I posted my message (Why does it always have to be *after* I say something stupid?) I was hangin' out in my truck, re-reading the section on the auto-locks... and I discovered something that I hadn't seen the other 4 times I read that section...

It *is* a misprint!! Wowzers! Holy cow! I was speechless.

For those of you who haven't discovered this yet... let me explain.

On the one page, when the manual starts to explain the auto-unlock features, it lists three bulleted items: Unlock *all* the doors when putting the car in Park, unlock *all* the doors when turning the car off, or disabling auto-unlock. OK, fine, we all know this, and this is why we all b!tch about it not working.

Now, turn the page... it starts to tell you how to do the one that's supposed to work when putting it in Park... and the italicized text reads "Unlocks the driver's door when the shift lever is moved into Park" ...

What?? Wait!! Unlocks the driver's door -- it said it right there! That's all it does, and all it was ever supposed to do! The bulleted list on the previous page was probably written by someone else who wrote what they thought it was supposed to do, not what it really does!

I think it should really unlock all the doors, IMHO. But, at the same time, I'm now 100% completely in the "misprint" camp, thanks to Bob79. In fact, this makes me feel a *lot* better about the car in general (despite my air bag light problem... grrrr...) because I think a misprint is a whole lot more excusable and understandable than bad programming, especially when it comes to Honda.

Thanks, Bob79! You rock for pointing it out!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts