Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Black NAVI model last night...great truck so far. I can do some more exploring tonight.

I had the best experience ever picking up a car from a dealer. Honda seems to really have their stuff together and The dealer (Madison Honda in NJ) was great to deal with once I got past the negotiating...and they gave me a good deal too.

I think I have 45psi in the tires though...I'll have to check tonight.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Congrats!!!! :)

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Congratulations on your new truck. I can't wait to get my black RTL-NAVI.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Maybearidge,
Congratulations! Mine is identical to yours, including the 45psi in the tires. I wonder why the dealers are over-inflating the tires. :confused:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
TonyS said:
Maybearidge,
Congratulations! Mine is identical to yours, including the 45psi in the tires. I wonder why the dealers are over-inflating the tires. :confused:
They ship that way to avoid a flat spot in the tire when the dealers take shipment.

The dealership is supposed to adjust the pressure but sometimes forget to.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Good for you guy!. Keep posting

·
Registered
97 Posts
Congratulations on your new ride! Hope to get mine soon, too. :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hmmmm! That could explain my rough ride!

maybearidge said:
Got my Black NAVI model last night...great truck so far. I can do some more exploring tonight.

I had the best experience ever picking up a car from a dealer. Honda seems to really have their stuff together and The dealer (Madison Honda in NJ) was great to deal with once I got past the negotiating...and they gave me a good deal too.

I think I have 45psi in the tires though...I'll have to check tonight.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Finally did it! Took my '02 CR-V and had somebody from the dealership give me an estimate for trade-in. I was happy with the figure he gave and decided to order a silver RTL. I also got a good deal on the price - not $1,000 below MSRP - but close enough. I'm getting side step thingys on discount and free mudflaps. :) There was no pressure. It was a pleasant buying experience over-all. Now, I'll just have to wait for the call to pick up my RL-RTL. :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Maybridge:

Congratulations on your purchase. How much of a discount of MSRP did you get?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Maybridge:

Thanks for your response. I have read so many e-mails about pricing that range from thousands of dollars over MSRP to invoice. What part of the country you live in seems to be a big factor.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes it does. I was persistent until I got a decent deal. I invested a lot of time going back to the dealer. I walked out twice, I went at the end of the quarter and during bad weather. The dealer still had the same 2 on the lot when I picked mine up. He said that they sold 6 or 7 out of the incoming since I bought mine...not sure if it was the truth.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts